Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pretty pimp ass video of 2 scooby's goin at it.. LoL.. Not quite a race ;) But still cool to watch none the less! It's a pretty cool site to see.. Well I thought it was.. Gotta love the straight through pipes! Enjoy

-=Justin=-

Right Click Save-as

http://members.iinet.net.au/~asupply2/Video/Autronic Pryde.wmv

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95accordlx said:
I dont think the link is working
ing to stream it..

Seems to work fine for everyone else! I dunno.. Maybe it's ur media player?? Or are you trying to stream it??

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
af92boy1988 said:
do cars always do that if they have straight through exhausts?
depends...... with turbo cars, when the timing gets too rich, too much fuel goes into the cylinders & the unburned gas hits the hot exhaust & ignites to create the backfire.

with NA cars, it doesn't happen as much, but i know on my friends NA 2nd gen RX-7 w/ straight pipes, every now and then it will backfire if he is downshifting abruptly.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I jus fucking luv scoobys! The second one sounded sweet as hell! My car backfires when i really do full throttle runs but not in neutral like that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sweet vid rep+

Reactions: TalonMan

·
Registered
56 Posts
The stock wrx blowoff valve routes the air back into the intake, that's why it's so quiet. Also the air that goes back into the intake is compensated for. When an aftermarket bov is installed the air doesn't go back to the intake anymore, but the ECU still thinks the air is going back to the intake so the engine will run rich for the moment you let off the throttle. So I guess if the wrx has a downpipe and the midpipe replaced (both have cats in em), and an aftermarket BOV you'll get backfires.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts