·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else playing this game?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've played it on and off lately. I really enjoy it. The hover tank owns all!
Between my two jobs, Warcrack with I started a few weeks ago and now I'm over it, and the Wii.. it's hard to find time for 2142, Snake Eater (which I finally just got) and other things. What's your name on there? Add me if you want. I'm Oscar_Mayer.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike_sho said:
I play all the time , its the best battlefield yet. Great weapons and the titan game play....im praying they just release more titan maps.

Its so fun to attack and protect a titan ship.

mikesho on there.
Nice man, I'll add you the next time I'm on

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AznImports602 said:
Nope, I only play BF2, cause 2142 is pretty much a mod and not worth the 50 bucks to play and still get those in-game ads.
Yeah, not really. The way the game feels is totally different, lighting effects and dirt sprays are unique, walkers own, the hover tank moves like a chopper on the ground, VTOLs handle totally different than jets or helicopters, unlocks give unique skills like being able to scan for heart beats/deploy automated turrets, motion mines and EMP mines are the shit, Titan mode is absolutely incredible...

Obviously you've never tried it... lol

~Peace

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
i was visiting my friend up in denver, and his roomate plays it a lot, and he was playing it and it looked really tight. i really like battlefield 2 so i think ima have to get over that first before i go for 2142

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AlTrOnX said:
i was visiting my friend up in denver, and his roomate plays it a lot, and he was playing it and it looked really tight. i really like battlefield 2 so i think ima have to get over that first before i go for 2142
I still play both games. 2142 is kinda different. The unlock structure makes you unlock 3 items before you can unlock each gun. For example, if you want a good medic kit, you would go to the assault class and have to unlock smoke grenades, the shock paddles, and advanced medic hub before you can unlock the Voss L-AR (Owns face by the way... like an L85 with a 40 shot mag). Another example is that for a good sniper kit, you need to unlock APM mines (like claymores), 4X scope (lets you adjust magnification with the mouse wheel) and the scope stabilizer (steadies the scope for up to 6 seconds for pinpoint shots) before you can unlock the Zeller Advanced Sniper Rifle (3 round clip, sounds like a cannon, huge damage)

MikeSHO hit the nail on the head... I LOVE Titan mode! It's like conquest, but capturing missle silos which bombard the enemy titan (large floating ship) with missles until it's shields drop. Then you have to board this massive ship, fight through the corridors that are bottlenecks/killzones to blow up consoles that get you into the core. Then you have to blow the core to win the round. Soooo much fun.

Oh, my BF2 name is H22a1Prelude and my 2142 name is Ninja019 (Was my friends old BF2 name and I took it just to be a bitch... lol)

~Peace

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I loved BF2 but I lost one of the CD’s and cant install it now. I picked up 2142 the day it came out and have played it maybe 4 times, I just cant get into it. I’m waiting for the level editor to come out, then I should be happy…

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Oh, my BF2 name is H22a1Prelude and my 2142 name is Ninja019 (Was my friends old BF2 name and I took it just to be a bitch... lol)

~Peace

my name is altronx on bf2. but for some reason, any time i connect to a server, as soon as the game loads, it says, there is a problem with your connection. it has happened 4 times. i have the internet directly, and turned my firewall off, so i dont know what the problem is.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yeah, not really. The way the game feels is totally different, lighting effects and dirt sprays are unique, walkers own, the hover tank moves like a chopper on the ground, VTOLs handle totally different than jets or helicopters, unlocks give unique skills like being able to scan for heart beats/deploy automated turrets, motion mines and EMP mines are the shit, Titan mode is absolutely incredible...

Obviously you've never tried it... lol

~Peace
Actually I have tried it and it is hella buggy like BF2. I was the biggest Bf2 player and one of the best but after playing other games that ran smoother and less buggy I moved on. I don't think ill go back to a battlefield game for awhile, maybe when Bf3 comes out next year...

·
Registered
984 Posts
anyone else playin this??
would you reccomend a similar game?
Yeah I know this is old but they still have a shit load of servers for it
Man this thread is hella old! And after the release and all of this game I still havent bought the full retail yet... Battlefield Heroes Beta is out and pretty soon 2 new battlefield games is coming out.

Check out this source mod called Eternal Silence:
ES :: News

Or you want more battlefield like game check out frontlines fuel of war, quake wars, or the many mods of BF2.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Man this thread is hella old! And after the release and all of this game I still havent bought the full retail yet... Battlefield Heroes Beta is out and pretty soon 2 new battlefield games is coming out.

Check out this source mod called Eternal Silence:
ES :: News

Or you want more battlefield like game check out frontlines fuel of war, quake wars, or the many mods of BF2.
Ya I know its pretty old
what can I say:p
I think that I'm gonna end up picking up the new one when it comes out
gonna check out that mod too
I've played quake wars just doesn't do it for me for some reason....
thanks!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ya I know its pretty old
what can I say:p
I think that I'm gonna end up picking up the new one when it comes out
gonna check out that mod too
I've played quake wars just doesn't do it for me for some reason....
thanks!!
Yea same here with quake wars. I was all excited when the demo came out and how well optimized it was than BF2, but it was just something about it that didn't catch my interest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.