Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know NegroD will be all over this game.:)

Cool little video about how the sound is made.

Designing sound for Battlefield 3 - Battlefield 3

I played through the campaigns for BFBC2 and MoH, and there's a single player story for Battlefield3, to I'm guessing I'll be picking this game up too. BTW: It's supposedly dropping on the same day as MW3! Head-to-head woot!

·
Registered
779 Posts
i guess ill give it a chance. just read in this months game informer 3 is going to be runnning on some new engine. that was my biggest gripe with 2 and the reason i ended up tradin it in.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess ill give it a chance. just read in this months game informer 3 is going to be runnning on some new engine. that was my biggest gripe with 2 and the reason i ended up tradin it in.
Frostbite2. BFBC2 and Medal of Honor (multi.) are pretty decent looking games and used the F1 engine, so it ought to be interesting to see what the next version can do. Cryengine3, ID5... all these new game engines coming out it's pretty exciting.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
These videos are damn epic right now. Totally blowing away anything we've seen from MW2, Black Ops etc. before they were released. I'm still having a tough time figuring out what to buy the game for. I know NegroD will get it for PC hands down, and I enjoyed playing BF2 on my pc when I had it, but I'm not sure if my graphics card is good enough, and I would hate to pay another $150 to get a better graphics card just for a game. Hopefully they will come out with the required specs soon.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will need serious sauce to run it.
I was listening to a podcast with one of the lead programers and the community managers for DICE. The question came up about specs, but the only concrete info they gave out was that BF3 would NOT support DX9 or Vista. It's going to be a DX11 and Windows7 game.

They said it was the provebial "line in the sand" for them to begin getting serious about PC development and support.

I know they were saying something about a highend quad core with two of the best GPU's currently on the market is what one of their testing rigs is back at DICE, and the game is running smoothly on it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Full 12 min. trailer:

I'm a MW fanboy. But a tip of the cap goes out to anybody that can pump out a quality game. I hope DICE ships out something really in BF3 that we all are amazed by.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I was listening to a podcast with one of the lead programers and the community managers for DICE. The question came up about specs, but the only concrete info they gave out was that BF3 would NOT support DX9 or Vista. It's going to be a DX11 and Windows7 game.

They said it was the provebial "line in the sand" for them to begin getting serious about PC development and support.

I know they were saying something about a highend quad core with two of the best GPU's currently on the market is what one of their testing rigs is back at DICE, and the game is running smoothly on it.
Good luck to them getting any money on a PC version :hehe Console versions will be the only ones that bring them profit, I'm calling it.

As for the game, meh. I couldn't really give a shit about military shooters at this point, they all just run together. Soldiers, explosions, foreign terrorist organization, blah blah blah. Who gives a shit anymore.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Reading more and more about it, it seems like console is the way for me. I don't have more money to put into a game just to play it, it doesn't seem worth it to me. Now if I only needed a better graphics card and it can be had for less than 100, then I'd be down for it, but much of anything else, I don't foresee it happening for me.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck to them getting any money on a PC version :hehe Console versions will be the only ones that bring them profit, I'm calling it.
PC is the lead development platform for the game.

Although I totally agree that the consoles will be their cash cows. But I think there's more to it then that alone. EA/DICE is looking at this as a way to take advantage of the problems at IW and thus take market share away from Activision and the CoD franchise.

Didn't CoD clear a billion in sales with both MM2 and Blops? With EA releasing their game in the same traditional time space as CoD, they are making a bold attempt at grabbing a larger slice of the "FPS pie" for themselves.

I'll get both. Probably play MW3 more... but it'll be interesting for me to see how the supposed 200 million dollar marketing campaigns will turn out.

In some ways the business side of the VG industry is pretty darn entertaining itself. :lol2

·
Registered
489 Posts
I honestly would love to see this game beat out MW3 as far as sales/popularity, whatever. It looks really fresh, especially w the new engine. The entire CoD series, though, is getting a bit stale, but when I saw that trailer, it's charm me over. I know whats gonna happen. I'm gonna buy it, love it for a few months, and complain about everything in the game.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in the PS3 beta. There's one map (Metro) and one gametype (Rush).

So far I'm not liking it very much at all. I'm coming from the POV of a dude who likes CoD and BF3 and the previous DICE multiplayer games like BFBC2 and MoH are punishing to my style of play.

Now BF3 has added prone! Combined with game mechanics like no regenerative health and no hit markers, the beta has been pretty irritating to me.

My first game I got into a 10 v. 10 lobby. Ended up 3 kills 10 deaths with one successful and one unsuccessful plant. I was #2 on my team's points list at the end of the round! To me that means either nobody on my side cared about the objective, or they had super bad aim. 'Cause with only 3 kills there's no way I should have outpointed 8 other dudes. Craziness!:(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts