Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
:lol2

I been playing the beta on PC. Someone figured out the password to get on the EA Caspian Border 64 player Conquest maps and leaked it. That map and mode is way better. I got to fly the F-18 and it was tits. Then EA changed the PW. :(

This game suits my style of play quite well. I'm at like rank 16 and have a 2+ kdr. Unlocked some guns and tacticool accessories. M416 with ACOG, Fore grip and supperssor is my fav atm.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh-ho! So you're "That Guy"...!? The dude crawling through the bushes, who's either: prone, kneeling, or stationary (or a combo of those) 90%+ of the time!:lol2:hehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so im guessing the only way to get access to this beta is by getting a code? Like, from owning a previous DICE game?
Or pre-ordering a future one.

I got in through purchasing MoH, but could have gotten in by pre-ordering BF3. I'm sure there is other ways.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Or pre-ordering a future one.

I got in through purchasing MoH, but could have gotten in by pre-ordering BF3. I'm sure there is other ways.
So if I pre-ordered the PC version through Gamestop, then could I call them up and be like, hey give me a code?

Plus how long is the beta active?

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Oh-ho! So you're "That Guy"...!? The dude crawling through the bushes, who's either: prone, kneeling, or stationary (or a combo of those) 90%+ of the time!:lol2:hehe
I'm the guy who defends the MCOMs and disarms them on defense and slays fools and arms your MCOMs ftw on attackers. :ninja

Best guns in the game so far are the SVD and MK11, with iron sights. One hitter quitters at close range center mass or two from any range center mass.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So if I pre-ordered the PC version through Gamestop, then could I call them up and be like, hey give me a code?

Plus how long is the beta active?
The beta is public now. I know you get it stright from the PSN or LIVE on console. On PC I don't think it's a Steam DL. I forget.

Hold on one second...

Link for PC:
Origin, Powered by EA.

Beta open until the 10th of Oct.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey NegroD! how was the aircraft? I know another dude who was bummed that he couldn't adjust the sensitivity on aircrafts. He wanted a higher setting then what he uses for the FPS portion of the multiplayer game.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Hey NegroD! how was the aircraft? I know another dude who was bummed that he couldn't adjust the sensitivity on aircrafts. He wanted a higher setting then what he uses for the FPS portion of the multiplayer game.
He's a nub. My G500 has multiple DPI levels just for things like this. Couple clicks and im in jet mode.

The jets are pretty fun. I flew them both, you can hear the pilot breathe hard and the g suit pump when you pull hard turns. They handle well. I have yet to fly any choppers but the Cobra looks bad ass.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Been wondering about the button layout, is it similar to cod and moh. Moh used the frostbite1 which was pretty clean imo and the previews have been off the hook, going to pick it up in a couple hours, jjst want to know what to expect with button layout for 360, I'll figure it out no matter what but just curious if anyone knows

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i only got to play for an hour last night on single player, i gotta get xbox live when i get paid friday, this game ain't no joke. i put it on my 3D 480hz 47" led and oh dear lord help me it was freaking badass

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Started up the singleplayer campaign.

Compared to BFBC2, the sound is a little more muted. No crazy "Dooommm!!" noises and the artillery and explosions are a little toned down too if I am not mistaken. But other SFX like footsteps and gear sounds are much more immersive then in BFBC2.

Visually it is very beautiful. I have a PS3 copy, and even if the PC version is the most stunning version. I don't feel let down, especially when compared apples to apples vs. other PS3 FPS titles. I think BF3 can easily make a case for best looking PS3 FPS game when you put it up against: RAGE, Resistance 3, Killzone 2 and 3, Crysis 2, etc.

The story (without giving too much away)... there's got to be some MW comparisons, as they tread over a lot of the same ground.

Got to hurry up and finish the campaign so I can jump over the multiplayer!:p

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah so far single player is crazy good. I've played the first two levels (missions) and it feels very "real", like im actually there? haha very immersive. I love it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Anybody else finish the single player campaign? I definitely have questions about the ending. But considering the games only been out a few days, it's still kinda early to be dropping spoilers LOLS.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts