Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally from PM
xxxxxx, I believe it was said you have Tenzo R exhaust. If it's not true don't bother reading the rest, if it is here's some questions for you.

I'm looking at getting an axle-back but am trying to decide which to get. Trying to save as much $$$ as i can.

Which model do you have Type-2, Type-5, or Venturi?

Is it axle-back, cat-back or universal?

How do you like it, looks wise, performance, and SOUND?

IF YOU HAVE ANY PICS THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
I have a Tenzo R Venturi axle-back. I've run it about 40,000 miles over the last year, and I STILL love it. It took about 45 minutes to install --- NO SH!T!

Sound-wise, it's V mellow and low; no mad bumble-bee/two-stroke stuff; no farting when you let off the gas or during shifting. It'll turn heads going down the street or in a gas station, et cetera, but isn't a cop magnet. This pipe won't irritate you on long drives either...

It definitely has more mid-range punch than stock. It allows my HX to hold long steep grades, on the highway, 5-10 MPH faster than the OE setup. It didn't hurt my mileage.

I like the looks. Nothing special, just your typical mirror-finish stainless steel can like everyone else's. Looks kinda 'ricey', but it's not offensive IMO. When it gets dirty, a little Brasso followed by some WD-40 makes it look like new again.

Here's some pix for you:

· Registered
145 Posts
Thanks A lot for the info. Looks like I know what I'll be ordering this weekend!!!

Thanks Again

· Registered
145 Posts
NOW, What's a good price?

One of my local shops can get the axle-back Venturi for $300. Is that a decent price???

ATTN: BDC
How much and where did you get yours from?

Thanks AGAIN!:vpleased:

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: NOW, What's a good price?

IM_B4U said:
One of my local shops can get the axle-back Venturi for $300. Is that a decent price???

ATTN: BDC
How much and where did you get yours from?

Thanks AGAIN!:vpleased:
Prices are 'all over the place' on the Tenzo R Venturi exhaust. Here is the highest price I've seen on the web. It was so high I took a screenshot so ppl would believe me... :)
I bought mine at a Honda dealer; Showcase Honda in Phoenix. They sold it to me for 205 bones. Some ppl said they have found it for less, but I doubt it.

Good hunting!

· Registered
145 Posts
THANKS TO BDC!!!

HEY BDC

I wanted to shout out thanks for all your help! I ordered the Venturi from Showcase Honda. Shipped to my house in WI I saved $75 over my local shop.

Thanks again for your time, info, pics and opinions!

· Banned
638 Posts
i have a have custom piping going to my TenzoR axle-back now, I had a DC cat-back, but just sold it recently do to come up purchase of a 5zigen Fireball cat-back.

mine is Al finish not as bling-bling as BDC's;)

· Registered
215 Posts
RageAgainstNate: Why didn't you like the DC-Sports cat-back? I'm deciding to get one or the Tenzo-R Venturi axle-back. Which is more worth the money?

greets,

Roky

· Banned
638 Posts
Roky said:
RageAgainstNate: Why didn't you like the DC-Sports cat-back? I'm deciding to get one or the Tenzo-R Venturi axle-back. Which is more worth the money?

greets,

Roky
HOLY 3 MONTHS AGO BATMAN!!!!!

I loved the DC exhaust, I've had 3 Civics all have had a DC exhaust. If you want my opinion on what exhaust to get I'll say the Apex'i WorldSport. Thats my opinion ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.