Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after i eat dinner i go cruisin around the amll to see if theres anything out there on my way home and i see a red(99?) civic ex, exmblems shaved, exhaust, HIDs..so i let him go by, then i boost by..then he goes by-quick for ex..so we go to the red light(turning lanes) and talk for a sec. i ask him what he has and he said a gsr swap. he asks how much boost and i say 7 pounds. then we go down the highway a little bit, and since im in front, i decided there was too much traffic. so i do a u turn and he follows, there is no traffic. so we nail it to 100. i hit my limiter/mis shifted from 1st-2nd and we were even the whole way, so id say i beat him if i didnt fuck up the damn shift.

btw its an auto but yeah i shift with it when racing lol. i lose a lil traction in first and autos shift too early when that happens. so i prefer to do it that way to make sure it goes as close to 7300 as i need it to. things were just goin so fast lol. it was fun though.

also, one relevant question: its on 7psi with FMU/factory injectors. i want more boost, but i know i need bigger injectors. what size injectors should i get for 10 psi? maybe 330? i know FMU isnt good forever, im saving for hondata s300(its the only unit thats good on auto trans.)-for anything over 10pounds. and any tips on installing hks turbo timer and autometer boost gauge? i ordered them today along with a MAP bypass valve.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
You were even the whole way, so it was not a win. There are no IFs in racing. Shifting the auto doesn't do much for you. You floor the throttle and it shifts at the optimal point. Doesn't matter much though, since your tranny won't last long under boost and abuse.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flyingtoaster said:
You were even the whole way, so it was not a win. There are no IFs in racing. Shifting the auto doesn't do much for you. You floor the throttle and it shifts at the optimal point. Doesn't matter much though, since your tranny won't last long under boost and abuse.
wow youre a dumbfuck. i just said putting it into 1st keeps it in gear, because when it starts to lose a little bit of traction, it just shifts and i lose power. i can still floor the throttle and shift at the same time. just from 1 straight to d4. trannys are fine for boost. and who says its abused? do you really think i drive like this all the time? holy shit youre stupid. and by the way i beat my friends gsr this afternoon and i know for a fact that it has i/h/e/pulleykit/ss because he takes it to my shop to change the oil. 45 roll and i pulled a car length on him to 90.

by the way its obvious how you get nearly 2k posts-by posting useless bullshit that isnt even on topic and doesnt help me with the questions at hand. what a useless post-whore. its also obvious that you know nothing about cars.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ksniperfox said:
wow youre a dumbfuck. i just said putting it into 1st keeps it in gear, because when it starts to lose a little bit of traction, it just shifts and i lose power. i can still floor the throttle and shift at the same time. just from 1 straight to d4. trannys are fine for boost. and who says its abused? do you really think i drive like this all the time? holy shit youre stupid. and by the way i beat my friends gsr this afternoon and i know for a fact that it has i/h/e/pulleykit/ss because he takes it to my shop to change the oil. 45 roll and i pulled a car length on him to 90.

by the way its obvious how you get nearly 2k posts-by posting useless bullshit that isnt even on topic and doesnt help me with the questions at hand. what a useless post-whore. its also obvious that you know nothing about cars.
Sorry, but you are the dumb fuck. I will say it again, you were dead even, so it was not a win. You are a dumbass ricer for saying you beat a GSR when you didn't really beat him. Holy shit, that is a big fucking intercooler. I am amazed at how you can't even beat a GSR with that monstrosity sagging from your front end. I'm not even finished with you. You are also a ricer for racing to 100 on a public road. It doesn't matter if there were no cars on the road because in all street racing accidents, the drivers will contend that they didn't see the car pull out in front of them. I mean holy hell, you're shifting an auto and you say I know nothing about cars. Do those D things even go up to 7300 RPMS? And you're doing it with a turbocharger? Fucking oil shop techs. Can't stand them whether or not they are at work.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
blackdelsol94 said:
Lets all just calm down a little. This is escalating a bit and its getting blown out of proportion. Maybe a mod should close this.
no, noone needs to close this thread. ppl just need to calm down a bit, no need to get hostile. ksnipe said that he would have beaten the gsr swapped civic if he hadn't of fucked up the shift from 1st to 2nd...so I'm sure he KNEW he didn't win...I mean, you can't say you won unless you infact did win. The 33 injectors sound about right, but I might jump in the turbo forum and ask around there just to be sure. One question though, how come you don't do a tranny swap? Manual would be so much better. I had no idea that you were rollin slush-box style...the turbo timer and autometer boost gauage, I can't really help you with either, as I've never owned anything that's been boosted or what have you. I'll learn more about all that when I actually do a turbo build...my bad I couldn't REALLY help you bro...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
awesome i can not wait to finish my turbo set up. ive never been in an automatic turboed car so i cant comment on it, plus who cares your making the best out of what you have

work is slow and im all alone on here whoring up this board this morning
:bounce :bounce :bounce :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
solsykness said:
no, noone needs to close this thread. ppl just need to calm down a bit, no need to get hostile. ksnipe said that he would have beaten the gsr swapped civic if he hadn't of fucked up the shift from 1st to 2nd...so I'm sure he KNEW he didn't win...I mean, you can't say you won unless you infact did win. The 33 injectors sound about right, but I might jump in the turbo forum and ask around there just to be sure. One question though, how come you don't do a tranny swap? Manual would be so much better. I had no idea that you were rollin slush-box style...the turbo timer and autometer boost gauage, I can't really help you with either, as I've never owned anything that's been boosted or what have you. I'll learn more about all that when I actually do a turbo build...my bad I couldn't REALLY help you bro...
id love to do a trans swap..but it would take so much money. and id have a good bit of downtime. i have a job that i have to keep, and school in a week too. and i dont have a daily driver. this is the only one i have. to save money id rather do it myself. im starting college shit in about a week and i wanna take transmission classes so i can learn. in the meantime i just have to work with what i have. and from the results so far, im not complaining.

and i also love the way this kid is hating on intercoolers. and the way he calls me a ricer when the car is turbocharged-and i have no body/styling mods other than the motegis. who doesnt play around with other cars on public roads? weve all done it. it isnt like i do this shit in heavy traffic. only in no traffic. i think this acura chump is just jealous. by the way solsykness, you never did tell us WHAT 80,000 dollar vehicle that deep blue color comes off of. thanks for atleast tryin to help. ill rep if i can.

Reactions: solsykness

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
awesome, i love that color, also the new laguna blue that comes on the s2000's....so sexy :D

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
solsykness said:
I didn't know that, but I can see why...
because you have to spool 6 times in one of them versus 1 spoolage in the other?

·
Registered
230 Posts
solsykness said:
you figured correctly...

i like the color of ur car a lot too....

ksniferfox, if u wanna know more about turbo auto d16z6, there is a guy miked16z6 which has one on his ex coupe..pushing 10psi on his auto...

i am going to meet up w/ him tomor so that he can chip my ecu.. he is on d-series.org

autometer boost gauge is simple, both wires are just light purpose. the nylon tube, u run to engine bay and T it off to a vacuum line, u can use the fpr one.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
soul 93 said:
yeah....thats what i would assume also
I figured it was bc you wouldn't waste as much time shifting since autos do it for you...and I would hope that the auto supra turbo would have some sort of torque converter to help it stay in boost a little longer and shift at the most optimal rpm....I wouldn't think that it'd be just one spoolage...but HEY, I might just be talking out of my ass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.