Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend were working on our cars one night and got done about 3am. I did some electronic work and we put in his short shifter, fixed his catback, and did some paint touch ups. It was late, so we decided to hit this straight stretch of road by my house. Theres 2 lights, about a mile from eachother. We pull up to the first light and it wouldnt turn red. They all run on sensors and nobody was out. So we stop at the green light and count to 3 then launch. We took off at the same time, i chirped a little in first, but he had me from the start. I could tell he was shifting pretty early. I think around 5-6k which is why i think i won. By the time i hit 6k in second i had caught him and he shifted into 3rd as i hit 6500 then shifted. I asked him later, and he didnt miss the shift, but i flew past him.. I got to about 85mph then slowed down. I beat him by about 1 1/2 cars.

We raced a few more times and i won all but one race. I dont understand how though. Ive been killed by alot of cars, and i have a 97 civic DX with a short ram and catback. His Jetta is a 2.0 and comes with 135hp stock, so i dont think my bolt ons put me that high.

anyway, it was alot of fun. And we stayed safe ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
i daily drive a 2.0L Jetta. Its all in the transmission for those POS's....ratio is meant for awesome gas mileage once 1st is done. Then it goes into the crappier. That guy in the GT should be smacked.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really hate his clutch. You have to let it out like 99% before it catches, and then you still cant tell. That makes sense then. Hes also not that good at driving a stick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my jetta was like that too until i got a new clutch. his is toasted that or needs a new cable. They are self adjusting so you cant really do anything to adjust the tension.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Id go crazy if my civics clutch was like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts