Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a guy who I met at the local performance shop in a 2004 Evolution. The ones with teh front mount IC and all that fun stuff. I had all my mods except for header back was all stock. He had a boost controller set at upper limits, intake, and catback exhaust. I only was ahead by a little. The front of his car was lined up at the back of the passenger doorjam. I gained that when he bounced on the revlimiter for a second to long in third. We raced to about 120 mph. Wonder how much better it would have been if I had my header, testpipe and catback.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Damn. You got you a fast little egg there :)

Just playin man, I love hatcbacks. Don't know why though, they just grow on me.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Umm.. how high do you trap in the 1/4 with that setup, man?
I second this. Stock evos are trapping 102-104ish which isn't really a slouch.

That's on quick beast Shaolin :)

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
also...just a little OT knowledge for ya. for some odd reason. both in my USDM non turbo lancer. andthe EVO's second gear seems to be fucking loooooooong. but thats just a little OT prolly doesnt make a difference

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It wasnt from a complete dig. It was one of those where we let both our clutches grab..roll for a sec at like 5 mph then gun it. LOL @ egg..kinda does look lik eone :) I havnt had the opportunity to get this thing to the track yet I've been so busy trying to get it to pass smog and ish with the japanese motor. I have a JDM 4-1 DC sport header w/ 2.5 inch collector, test pipe, and 5zigen fireball cat back that wasnt installed. How much faster should my car be with that exhaust set up over stock??

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
ACK!!! You're in cali with a JDM motor, one of my buddies is going through the same nightmare with his SC300, he got a WICKED deal on a JDM supra motor, now he's going through a complete nightmare trying to get it back on the road. He's in the middle of putting the stock motor back in, so he can get his smog and be good for two more years, then put the bad boy back in. Living here is such a PITA! I miss when I was stationed in CT, if you didn't pass smog you paid a small fine and you were good to go till next year(it was $50 at the time for not passing, whether it was a visual or sniffer fail). I had a chance to pick up a complete STi Spec C twinscroll setup(motor, tranny, ecu, and harness) for $7k with 17k miles, but the thought of what I'd have to do to keep it on the road wasn't worth it here.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes it has been an absolute nightmare. its a JDm and its a 1994 motor in a 96 vehicle. When I had the swap done they did it OBD1 wiring. So i had to buy an all new 96 civic obd2 wireharness then pay a shop to do all the modding of it to suite a gsr enginge. Smog guy said it had to be obd2 and set up like a 96 usdm gsr. Turns out the 96 engines have some sensors that the 94's dont such as the crank angle sensor so i had to buy a 96 oil pump and do all that just for a lousy sensor and find some other misc parts. Then I had all of my illegal aftermarket parts that i had to trade for carb approved ones. Turns out the CARB approved ones are the best these days anyways except for the header which I just found a stock one. Skunk 2 inake manifold which is best for n/a is exempt, msd ignition is exempt, and the aem cai is exempt. I just didnt tell them about the typr r cams so that was fine because the car is blowing clean out the back. But I'm now the proud owner of a LEGAL AND REGISTERED hatch with a japanese engine!! WOOT! good luck to your friend with the supra engine.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Good job on that man! Congrats on being smog legal too. I'd try myself...but I don't think I can pull it off being I can't find a way to get around the OBD2b immobilizer deal :(

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
-=Zeqs=- said:
Good job on that man! Congrats on being smog legal too. I'd try myself...but I don't think I can pull it off being I can't find a way to get around the OBD2b immobilizer deal :(
I didnt encounter that problem but I had one which I had to well do some technically illegal stuff. I was getting a code 91 I think it was or sumthing like that which is low pressure reading in fuel tank sensor. Turns out my year hatchbacks that are dx dont come with that sensor so in order to get rid of it I would have to buy a whole new gas tank...yikes $$$. So i just took an old throttle position sensor and wired it up to the computer where the fuel tank sensor would be pinned and glued it so it was giving the proper voltage reading that doesnt throw a light. I hid it behind the glovebox with zip ties so the smog wiener never saw it and with them for the most part if theres no light they wont look into it so I passed.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
shaolin_style said:
I didnt encounter that problem but I had one which I had to well do some technically illegal stuff. I was getting a code 91 I think it was or sumthing like that which is low pressure reading in fuel tank sensor. Turns out my year hatchbacks that are dx dont come with that sensor so in order to get rid of it I would have to buy a whole new gas tank...yikes $$$. So i just took an old throttle position sensor and wired it up to the computer where the fuel tank sensor would be pinned and glued it so it was giving the proper voltage reading that doesnt throw a light. I hid it behind the glovebox with zip ties so the smog wiener never saw it and with them for the most part if theres no light they wont look into it so I passed.

i know gas tanks are expensive... but couldnt you find one in a junkyard?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
hobie237 said:
i know gas tanks are expensive... but couldnt you find one in a junkyard?
Would you trust one that's been sitting in the junkyard for the past 5-7 years?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.