Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa , raced a 5g prelude in a GTI (yes you read right, no im not converting to dub-e-ism)...

Anywhoo We kinda rolled at around 35 and I beat him.....badly. Then he was so freaked out after.....he rolled down his window and was like all next to me after the race like whoa those are quick. I was like really?...Not really my car though im not use to driving it.... I normally drive a lude. I dont think he understood....but then.

He was like yeah I was full-tilt , i was really suprised. Didnt even sound like it. Then we got to a red and raced , I took him off the line and it sounded like he might have had like an intake or something....

Either way I was dissapointed I thought the Lude would have taken the GTi , but it was the other way around. I was shifting about 1k rpm before redline to just be nice to the car.....and it wasnt really a close race even then...allthough the notorious prelude 3rd gear held out hard and even gained a little....but the gti had a longer 3rd and when he shifted I kept revving and gained more ground....

Either way I think thats the first time Ive ever raced a honda in a non-honda car , kinda felt weird. Glad I still won.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,402 Posts
ya win some and ya lose some..that sux for the lude guy...maybe it was messed up..i dont know..i wanna race one.

wuts the specs on the GTI's imean a turbo car has an advantage..it prolly wasnt modded right(GTI)??

that sux for us. oh well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5genlude said:
ya win some and ya lose some..that sux for the lude guy...maybe it was messed up..i dont know..i wanna race one.

wuts the specs on the GTI's imean a turbo car has an advantage..it prolly wasnt modded right(GTI)??

that sux for us. oh well.
Drop-In K&N and the car didnt seem to gain much if any power from that.

Its a 1.8L turbo , 180hp. I mean the race I thought would be close and the prelude I thought would have won but at times it wasnt really even close. I dunno im kinda baffled. Also full-tank of gas and 2 people vs 1 person and im sure less than a full-tank.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,402 Posts
maybe he wasnt pushing it...did u ask...did u here the all mighty h22a peak??

im baffled too...i wanna race one now badly..just to make sure..cuz man i thought the lude would be faster then most cars.

on paper it is..but the weight is killin us.. and the gay ass FWD..why is honda such idiots...make it RWD and it would be an awsome sport car..and actuall sports car.

oh well..

holla out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,520 Posts
We got an old VW bug runnin' around here, with a porsche engine in it .... quite fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
my friend owns a 02 GTI 1.8T..its pretty quick..i think its about 180 HP stock..he has it chipped as well as an exhaust and a BOV..so i dont know what his HP is now..but he kills me in that thing all the time..i wish i had turbo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike95lude said:
Sounds like it coulda been a 5th gen Sport Shift. Those are slow and would explain why you beat him with relative ease.
That what I was hoping , but I could have sworn I heard him on the clutch revving then he spun a little in first. It didnt sound SS model at all..... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Wouldn't have made that big of a difference if they were racing from a roll. Only time the sport shift is really all that much slower than a 5-speed is getting off the line.

Mike95lude said:
Sounds like it coulda been a 5th gen Sport Shift. Those are slow and would explain why you beat him with relative ease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
you gotta think those VW's got more torque than the lude, even the 1.8L turbo 4 and i would think they're much lighter than the prelude.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DDR2 said:
you gotta think those VW's got more torque than the lude, even the 1.8L turbo 4 and i would think they're much lighter than the prelude.
Yeah I have no clue how much it weighs , also the torque is pretty nice on the gti...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
back then when i used to race my '02 1.8t jetta, the car was pulling 15.2's all day... 100% stock, half a tank of gas, and everything, including a full size spare in the trunk... most, if not almost all 5th gen preludes i have seen at the track cannot break a 15...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
VW's are probably faster...a lot of stuff is faster than a lude:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
mike_sho said:
That what I was hoping , but I could have sworn I heard him on the clutch revving then he spun a little in first. It didnt sound SS model at all..... :(
Well if the Lude was going 35mph in first gear when he took off, then it was no doubt a SportShift. Only their gearing is tall enough to still be in first gear at that mph...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SpanishRicer said:
Well if the Lude was going 35mph in first gear when he took off, then it was no doubt a SportShift. Only their gearing is tall enough to still be in first gear at that mph...
Well im pretty sure my lude goes to 35 in first. I think the ss might go 40 , but I didnt say he was ever in first doing that speed....just when we started to race it was around then. Im taking a guess , but im pretty sure we were both in second gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
All you guys are so funny.. lol. Given the drivers are equal, a 02 GTI 1.8t WILL beat a 4th gen and 5th gen VTEC Prelude. 180 hp and 174 lbs torque.. MmmMMmm. Not to mention mike drives a 4th gen prelude himself... you like the gti more don't ya mikey. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
mike_sho said:
That what I was hoping , but I could have sworn I heard him on the clutch revving then he spun a little in first. It didnt sound SS model at all..... :(
maybe he was brake torqing?

vr6 chipped coutldn't beat my friends civic dx with a JRSC+2 people... that vr6 was faster than his GTi... my friend runs mid 15s in the quarter. go figure...

i really hope that was an auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
Kyn said:
maybe he was brake torqing?

vr6 chipped coutldn't beat my friends civic dx with a JRSC+2 people... that vr6 was faster than his GTi... my friend runs mid 15s in the quarter. go figure...

i really hope that was an auto.
What year VR6? Cause they just now in 2002 got the 201 hp and 195 trq engines. A civic dx with a s/c still wouldn't touch a 2002 VR6.. especially not chipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
oh it was the older models... 95 ish? i'm not sure... the boxie looking one. i really like the new golfs they look nice.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top