Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This actually happened a little while ago when my car had all of my performacne exhaust setup intact and had heavy ass 17s weighing over 40lbs each but never got around to posting about it I dont think. My friends friend had recieved a 60,000 dollar inherentance and purchased a 2000 mercedes S600. Its a V12 and he swore that it would rip my hatch a new one so i took him up on a race. We went from a dig first and I got a better launch than he did and I gained about a car on him through first. I had my chiped computer then so i was shifting at 9k rpms. Second gear I had added another half. Through third he gained that half back so i was back to only a length ahaed. But by the end of fourth I was about two lengths ahead and thats when we shut down. I dont know how it went back and forth like that but I'd prolly blame it on his automatic tranny. He couldnt believe it because its a v12 because same thing happened when we went from a roll. Yeah it has over 400 horsepower but I'm sure it weighs ALOT. Fun times fun times.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
The Merc weights over 4K lbs. Its heavy and slow, but a pretty nice car.

·
Registered
747 Posts
S600 runs a 5.4 0-60 and you had a full car length after 1st gear?

that means you have to run 0-60 around 5 or less....

·
Registered
293 Posts
isnbrg9 said:

Yeah but a lot of them are not kept up as well as they should be because wealthy people that do not want to get their hands dirty never take the time to properly maintain them. Also, V12s have much more that can affect their performance because they are so big. I would say that 0-60 time was when it was 65-70 degrees, perfect launch, perfect driver, and some damn good tires.

I say good kill, you have had a lot of them lately. But I guess I would too if I had a hatch like that ;)

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i'm not gonna call BS but if my memory serves me right
in 2000 mercedes dropped the Six-cylinder and V12 models, leaving only two V8 sedans: an S430 with a 4.3-liter engine that made 275hp and an S500 that had a 5.0-liter V8 which made 302hp. Both engines were available only with a five-speed automatic transmission that had a separate shift gate for easier manually selected gear changes.

in 2001 a new limited-edition S600 sedan with a 5.8-liter V12 with a 362-hp joined the benz family.

maybe you got the years mixed up or something but there was no v12 in 2000. and if your friends is a 2001 then something is wrong. those things haul ass from a dead stop. i know they're heavy but they run 0-Sixty mph in 5.4 seconds, and the quarter-mile in 13.9 at 103 mph

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Floyd550 said:
Yeah but a lot of them are not kept up as well as they should be because wealthy people that do not want to get their hands dirty never take the time to properly maintain them. Also, V12s have much more that can affect their performance because they are so big. I would say that 0-60 time was when it was 65-70 degrees, perfect launch, perfect driver, and some damn good tires.

I say good kill, you have had a lot of them lately. But I guess I would too if I had a hatch like that ;)

They just take them to the dealer for maintenance and repairs because they can afford it.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a 2001 then. Its def a v12 he showed me the engine. its a huge engine and i counted its a 12. Has a v12 badge on it to. You guys have to remember that its a luxury car..power everything, heated seats, thick glass, big frame, heavy stereo...yada yada. I've got no reason to lie. I'm just sharing the experience. I share when i loose too. I lost to a turbocharged Z not to long ago by about 3 cars @ 130mph.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
isnbrg9 said:

Im at 60 mph by the end of second gear so mabe i do. I'd have to have someone time me. You have to throw in his driving error also though. Mabe he didnt react as fast cuz he has to lift off of break then mash gas cuz its an auto. i have to ask him if he the traction control on or off mabe that would make a difference

·
Registered
772 Posts
youre lucky he couldnt afford the new s600 twin turbo or an e55 AMG.

·
Registered
747 Posts
shaolin_style said:
Im at 60 mph by the end of second gear so mabe i do. I'd have to have someone time me. You have to throw in his driving error also though. Mabe he didnt react as fast cuz he has to lift off of break then mash gas cuz its an auto. i have to ask him if he the traction control on or off mabe that would make a difference
could have been driver error on his part. i was just surprised you put 1 car on him in 1st gear. that's f*n fast.... good kill by the way :D

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hahahahahaha OMG. This story made my fucking day. Words are incapable of expressing how much of a COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD you are. First off, as stated above, there's no such thing as a 2000 S600. But assuming that it was just a typo (instead of the more likely instance that you're just a fucking idiot), we'll look past that.

Even though an S600 weighs over 4,000lbs, your piece of shit Honda still hasn't a fucking CHANCE against it unless it's modded like a motherfucker, and I don't mean CF hoods and ricer stickers. The thing has 590ft/lbs of torque for fucks sake, it'd fucking RAPE you off the line Ned Beatty style.

Only retarded shitbag ricers like you would believe your pathetic attention whore story. Of course, I suppose it's always possible that this is actually true and your friend is just as much of a worthless fucktard as you are. Birds of a feather...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kumar said:
Hahahahahaha OMG. This story made my fucking day. Words are incapable of expressing how much of a COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD you are. First off, as stated above, there's no such thing as a 2000 S600. But assuming that it was just a typo (instead of the more likely instance that you're just a fucking idiot), we'll look past that.

Even though an S600 weighs over 4,000lbs, your piece of shit Honda still hasn't a fucking CHANCE against it unless it's modded like a motherfucker, and I don't mean CF hoods and ricer stickers. The thing has 590ft/lbs of torque for fucks sake, it'd fucking RAPE you off the line Ned Beatty style.

Only retarded shitbag ricers like you would believe your pathetic attention whore story. Of course, I suppose it's always possible that this is actually true and your friend is just as much of a worthless fucktard as you are. Birds of a feather...

I think you are more retarded than anyone for getting so worked up over an internet forum. Man you must have a lot of friends ;)

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kumar said:

I can have the owner of the car vouch for me on this one ass. He's a friend of mine. Dont get your panties in a twist whinning like a little girl. You werent there we were and thats exactly how it went down. Feel free to find a stock s600 and I'd smoke you too lil bitch. Its okay to be jealous. :byye

·
Registered
974 Posts
How can you all find it so hard to belive he beat him off the line? Who said the other guy even knew how to drop the clutch? Maybe he was starting nice and slow.

I can honestly say i beat a ferrari 360. The only problem was he let me win on purpose. I can still say i crossed the line first.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
crucifudge said:
How can you all find it so hard to belive he beat him off the line? Who said the other guy even knew how to drop the clutch? Maybe he was starting nice and slow.

I can honestly say i beat a ferrari 360. The only problem was he let me win on purpose. I can still say i crossed the line first.
:nod :nod
and u beat a ferrari... :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
i gonna go out on a limb and call bullshit on this one--that car would rip u and new asshole--maybe instead of a body kit and rims u should saved for a turbo or make up a different car to lie about.

By the way i beat a school bus today, it was a long one though, not a short bus which im sure u would have been riding in

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
92luder said:
i gonna go out on a limb and call bullshit on this one--that car would rip u and new asshole--maybe instead of a body kit and rims u should saved for a turbo or make up a different car to lie about.

By the way i beat a school bus today, it was a long one though, not a short bus which im sure u would have been riding in

Why BS? You're still pretty new here, sit back and learn the members before you're so quick to call BS. He didn't race the twin turbo V12 that puts down low 12s trapping 116+mph he raced an 01 TANK.

01 S600 4488lbs 362hp 391lb-ft(not the 493hp and 590lb-ft of the new ones)figure in a 21% loss and that about 285whp and 308lb-ft. 15.7lbs per whp 14.57lbs per lb-ft. An 04 mustang GT is faster.

Reactions: shaolin_style
1 - 20 of 29 Posts