Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my statement

dollar for dollar, an ls1 powered car (98+camaro/trans am, base vette) is the best bang for the buck when it comes to a good drag car with all the creature comforts.

no prove me wrong.

also

gas mileage- 6spd ls1s= 20 mpg city, 33 highway

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
simple phsyics has already proven this..whats the argument?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
1/4 mile times compared with weight, horsepower and money, including luxury is not really an opinion, more like a fact.

id like to have ls1 but then luxury in general isnt of my top priorities in a fast car, which is why i love my honda crx :-D

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
isn't that a matter of opinion? there are advantages and disadvantages of both types of cars.

prove me wrong.
what you like is opinion and what your goals with eahc car is opinion. and yes there are advantages and disadvantages to both. But in the end, when you are comparing money spent, hp, torque, and times, the bigger motor will always win. I'd not so much say ls1 vs 351W vs big import v8 is anything above eachother though. But in the end the more displacement you have the fast you will go, in theory of all things else being equal

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
its sad people still get online and bitch about what type of cars they like best, going into a honda forum and posting up this type of shit..who gives a fuck..if you want an LS1..buy it, if you want a turbo honda..buy one and build one. the whole car scene is about being different and making your ride..your ride..not about "off the showroom floor which is the best blah blahdfsbfkjfucking blah" I have buddies who own DSM's, 300+whp turbo honda's, S/C'd mustangs, supercharged/ nitrous LS1's..etc etc..but we all hang out and are cool which each other because..we aren't all tools who think our cars are better than somebody elses..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
its sad people still get online and bitch about what type of cars they like best, going into a honda forum and posting up this type of shit..who gives a fuck..if you want an LS1..buy it, if you want a turbo honda..buy one and build one. the whole car scene is about being different and making your ride..your ride..not about "off the showroom floor which is the best blah blahdfsbfkjfucking blah" I have buddies who own DSM's, 300+whp turbo honda's, S/C'd mustangs, supercharged/ nitrous LS1's..etc etc..but we all hang out and are cool which each other because..we aren't all tools who think our cars are better than somebody elses..
Forums are for sharing ideas and having discussions about different subjects, but after 2000 posts you probably knew that..And he stated his idea or simple comparison, so it was just something else to talk about...

So for someone who says they don't care you seem pretty annoyed..

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but just relax, he simply stated a fact. He was not bashing on anyone and what they do..

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
Forums are for sharing ideas and having discussions about different subjects, but after 2000 posts you probably knew that..And he stated his idea or simple comparison, so it was just something else to talk about...

So for someone who says they don't care you seem pretty annoyed..

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but just relax, he simply stated a fact. He was not bashing on anyone and what they do..
yea dylan..you damn douche:giggle

·
Registered
395 Posts
ls1 = garb

:ninja

u really believe that?? in my opinion ls1 is a fine engine, i've owned 6 camaros, starting with a 75,then 87,89,68,98 and then 91.

·
Registered
412 Posts
ls1 is garb:p

ls3/ls9/lsa are where it is at now. Anyway....ls1 for initial cost is great...but mod for mod, the Cobra is a beast of a motor. $3k in mods...full exhaust, intake, pully, tune, and they are 119+mph cars. RWD for racing is the best IMO....weight transfer. But anything can be fast. Build what you want. I have always wanted to build a civic hatch...Which is why I am on this site. I want a nice little light weight low 14 second car that can get 38 mpg on the highway. My car can get 30+, hell I got 28 mpg speeding to Phoenix, with no cruise, and my gears causing me to be at 2500 rpm for some time. Old gears, I would be at 2k, and would have gotten great mileage. But I love my LS1 and for the track, not a lot can beat it, stock for stock, or power per dollar. How many other engines out there can take 150 hp shots regularly, and drive home. But it is not the end all end motor...not by a long shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.