Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
ls1 is garb:p

ls3/ls9/lsa are where it is at now. Anyway....ls1 for initial cost is great...but mod for mod, the Cobra is a beast of a motor. $3k in mods...full exhaust, intake, pully, tune, and they are 119+mph cars. RWD for racing is the best IMO....weight transfer. But anything can be fast. Build what you want. I have always wanted to build a civic hatch...Which is why I am on this site. I want a nice little light weight low 14 second car that can get 38 mpg on the highway. My car can get 30+, hell I got 28 mpg speeding to Phoenix, with no cruise, and my gears causing me to be at 2500 rpm for some time. Old gears, I would be at 2k, and would have gotten great mileage. But I love my LS1 and for the track, not a lot can beat it, stock for stock, or power per dollar. How many other engines out there can take 150 hp shots regularly, and drive home. But it is not the end all end motor...not by a long shot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.