Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some technical questions to ask fellow members, but since this is really is a pic thread, i didn't know wether or not it should go into non-tech. I apologize in advance.

well she needs an alignment, a camber kit, and a good wash, but here are the results of 7 hours(!) of me and my friend's time.

Before:

After:

They are H&R sport springs which supposedly give a 1.75" drop in the front and 1.5" in th back, it seems like more, but who knows. My question is this, I took it in this morning to get an aliignment, and it looks like I've got any were from -1.3 to -2.1 degrees of negetive camber on any particluar wheel, basically meaning I need a camber kit. I trust this shop and the people in it and have been going there for a while. They told me they sell camber kits through thier supplier and should be able to intsall everything for me for alot less than $400 total. Or I could just buy a kit myself and install it, after installing the springs it should be a piece of cake. They told me to drive around for the next 4-7 days in order for to allow the suspension to settle, then take it back in and have them check it out before we go ahead and do anything, they aren't going to charge me for anyhthing unless I decide to purchase the camber kit, and he said they'd only charge me for the kit and labor, and possibly give me a free alignment. I've heard of the washer thing for the rear but I really want to make sure this is done right. I am on a budget and would definitly like to keep it under $400 for everything, but if need be I've got enough should it get expensive, what do you all think is my best bet?

I will also post a D.I.Y. with pics after everything is completed, but if you have any questions about the install don't be afraid to ask.

Questions? Comments? Feel free.

· Registered
847 Posts
Jeeze a camber kit with less than 2" drop ouch I thought you could live without one with less than 2" drop uh oh im i trouble then hehe cause I dont have enough money for the camber kit when I get my car lowered.

BY the way your car looks great. Very nice.

· Registered
494 Posts
I think your ride looks very clean, especially with the drop now. It looks to be just the perfect height. Sorry can't tell you much about the camber kit. Just had to compliment your ride though.:)

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked with the guy from the shop and he told he's going to call all his suppliers and see what the best price is for the kit, they told me the kit they usually install consists of

REAR:
adjustable lower control arm and leading arm.

Front:
adjustable upper control arm

He said he'd call me on monday, he didn't who made the kit, but he said no one's had any trouble with them. If he can't get me a price lower than $350 including alignment, I think I'll just do it myself.

Thanks for all the coments everyone, I've been really surprised at how well my car has been developing over the past year or two. Everyhting seems to be coming together like I planned. Now it's time for a little bit of go.......:D

turbo......

mmmmmmm....

· Registered
118 Posts
2 degree camber isn't that bad......

I'd definately go with the ingalls kit. my roomie got his for his avenger for 260 off of mantaray.com... i think that's it.... something to do with mantaray racing or something, but anyway, my roomie is completely mechanicly UNinclined! and he put his camber kit on by himself with me watching over his shoulder as tech support. his avenger was dumped 3.5 inches on coilovers and is much better now. the nice thing about the ingalls kit is that they come with poly bushings. sweet! i still don't have a camber kit on my civic and i'm almost 4 inches down from stock. my tires are tucked in the fenders all but about 1/4inch of them. tires don't wear too bad and I'm runnin Yokohama A520's with a tread wear rating of 180. so, if you're on a tight budget, buy the ingalls kit and do it yourself, and if you're on a really tight budget, you can take your time and save up the money to get the kit. I'd still recommend that you do the install yourself.... you'll appriciate your car alot more when you're "done". Good luck. L8z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.