Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the belts, AC Power Steering and Alternator belts, I got the PS belt of easy then the AC belt is next and I got it loosened and the belt off the pulleys but I can't get the belt out of the engine bay cause there is some sort of engine mount in the middle of it or something. I have the Haynes manual and it didn't say anything about that. All it said was which bolts to loosen to loosen the pulleys and to remove the belts. I don't really want to mess around with the engine, is there any other way around that? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
you have to take off the bottom bolts out of the mount to get the belt off, takes like 2 minutes

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
(I used the old bike chain method lol just listen, ok so I slip the alt belt on first. All the way arounf the alt pullry and as much as I can on the crank pully, then I bump the starter a few times and it pushes the belt on. it works and you dont have to loosen anything.

I also heated the belts up by puting them in the oven for like 1 minute at 275*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.