Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,529 Posts
You're talking about the belt that drives your SC right? It could be the pulleys if your kit used a pulley tensioning system. You might just want to take it to a shop and have them "look it over" and if the price is right, have them fix it for you.

· Registered
2,529 Posts
actually belt dressing lasts longer than just a day... the object is to put it on when you first put the belt on. That, combined with proper tensioning should help it wear in without squeaks within a day or two.

Also, make sure that the belt is not TOO tight.. I've heard them squeak that way too.

· Registered
73 Posts
check the pulley thats used to adjust the tension of the SC belt. its the one that doesn't drive anything and is a bit down and left of the SC pulley.

check the condition of the part of the pulley that contacts the belt for wear. my pulley was acutally worn down a bit my the belt. if you spray that part w/ belt dressing and it goes away for a bit then thats the problem not the tension of the belt. so dont over tighten the belt and fuck that up.

all i did was call jackson and tell them that that pulley was squeeking and worn and they told me that was a common problem. they sent me a new one and asked me to sent the old one back but fuck them (i kept it).

its an easy swap.:D

· Registered
425 Posts
why dont you give me a call and we will get you set up once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and is that a correct s/c for that motor and do you have the comp in the car for that motor??? basically is everything done correclly before everything went wrong????
all you have to do is just call me and i will get it all straight for you
todd
937-299-2930

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.