Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in August I swapped a JDM H22A into my 93' Si, Everything went well, or so i thought.
Recently my Alternator/AC Compressor belt has been squealing like crazy. I've tightend it and the sound went away for a week or so but now its back. Im convinced that it's acting up because I've still got my old AC compressor on... meaning it's probably misaligned. I'd like to just bypass the AC compressor altogether and then remove the entire AC system, seeing as I never use it. Before I do this, I just wanted to know if eliminating the AC system will have any negative effects on my car like the alternator not charging correctly?:confused:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
remove the air conditioning unit and go to autozone and order the prelude S alternator belt, without a/c. it will be the right size

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, sounds good to me, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Weenie said:
remove the air conditioning unit and go to autozone and order the prelude S alternator belt, without a/c. it will be the right size
Good idea, but wont work. The VTEC has 1 more rib than the Si/S belts. So unless he has all H23 accessories on his H22 it wont work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts