Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after loseing the bolts that hold the back plate to the center housing, I got new hardware and bolted it back together. I was turning the wheel and noticed that it was binding on certain areas. I losened the screws again so it would free wheel and spun the wheel to find that it was rotating oblongly, not circular. It doesnt rub on the housing but I think the shaft is bent. Im not really sure if that is possible. There is absolutly no shaft play side to side or in and out, just doesnt rotate in a circle now....What are my options? Would running it like this cause any harm or damage?

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hard to believe that you can see tell a shaft is bent by eyeing it alone. When you say it was binding, what was causing it to bind?
Im not eyeing the shaft. Im rotating the wheel/shaft while its in the turbo. The center nut you can tell is moving in an oblong pattern instead of circular from the center. And Im not sure what is making it bind. It spins smoothly until it reaches a certain position in its rotation. Im assuming its because the shaft is bent and binding something inside in the bearings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.