Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure one if not more of my valves are bent, and Ive taken it to a local mechanic and he said thats what it sounds like. How bad is it to continue driving on bent valves.. cuz i dont have the money to get it fixed right now. thanks guys

· Registered
1,004 Posts
i'm pretty sure that if you bent your valve, your engine will run like shit if you're lucky! since i haven't bent a valve yet, i'm just assuming here, but the common cause of bent valves on hondas are caused by a broken timing belt or somehow, the cam timings have suddenly gotten outta specs, but that's unlikely... but if either of those occured, your car won't be running right now.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
IF your car ran with a bent valve, the sound would be horrible that youd shut it off right away. unless its just mildly bent, i have no clue. if you think its bent, dont drive it unless you wanna cause more damage, possibly to something more expensive like the piston head

· Registered
959 Posts
Well, I know that if are just one or two teeth off the cam gear, say, like when you change a timing belt, the car idles rough as hell and it's noisy. I'd imagine a bent valve may be the same, never had one though...

· Registered
2,917 Posts
I would not want to even run the engine, u will further damage the engine like that. Right now your probably running on 3 cys and I wouldnt be supprised if the piston is messed up, such as a crack in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.