Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to upgrade the battery on my 13 year old car.... i have no idea how old the battery in it now is, but i heard the honda batteries are weak (i just bought this car).

i plan on putting a mild stereo system in the car (a headunit, upgraded satellites, and a bazooka tube).

do i need something like this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3047.html

or will i be better off with a cheap-o die hard?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
yep, optima is the way to go. good choice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
[Optima. I have them in all my cars and trucks. Never have had a problem with them.

QUOTE=iLLeFFeKt CiViC]yep, optima is the way to go. good choice.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
a battery is a bettery, ikg ur doing a mild set-up. just buy a new one. ihave a optima on my trunk, i traded this guy that just wanted a battery that fitted properly in his car. thats how i ended up with the optima, other than that i wouldnt spent 120 to 180 on a battery.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
HATCHFIEN said:
a battery is a bettery, ikg ur doing a mild set-up. just buy a new one. ihave a optima on my trunk, i traded this guy that just wanted a battery that fitted properly in his car. thats how i ended up with the optima, other than that i wouldnt spent 120 to 180 on a battery.

it really depends what you're doing... with a mild setup you probly just want whatever you can afford... optima is the best but is it worth it????

in my truck i have a boat battery cuz it'll crank all day... and i can run anything off it... but it was heavy and expensive as hell

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah like everybody else said it all depends on your set up (IE.) if your goin to race you could spend the money and buy a light weight one but optima yellow top is definalty the way to go if you have the money in my opinion :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P72_ek said:
yeah like everybody else said it all depends on your set up (IE.) if your goin to race you could spend the money and buy a light weight one but optima yellow top is definalty the way to go if you have the money in my opinion :D
FYI i ordered the yellow top optima.

i don't ever plan to race, but i have A/V equipment in the car to keep the kids entertained in the back seat, and i also wanted a reliable battery that would NEVER leave me stranded anywhere. (my accord's battery went dead once and stranded us... i don't EVER want that to happen again).

thanks for the help guys...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts