Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys for those who remember me im runnin' a B16A1 CRX with Garrett T3 IC boosting a happy 10psi. Now I need to find the best sound producer BOV out there.. I don`t want cheap stuff like turboXS or some /$%% like that.. Brand names like the HKS Super Sequential or Gretty Type S, H... I WANT THE BEST RACING SOUND AND PERFORMANCE. What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks for you help and drive fast but safe! :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hey... turbo xs isnt bad... really... but hks ssq is good... also blitz super sound is good...

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
tru dat!

yeah, i almost forgot to say that.....

my buddy's WRX has a Turbo XS BOV..sounds friggin' cool as hell....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
yep... thats what i thought... :p

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so the best of the very best of the best is the Super Sequential BOV right ? Hey do you guys know where I can hear those BOV sounds ?? anyone ??

Chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
hahahah.. dumbass.. turboxs is the best sounding one out there. they make good quality shit. we have one on the wrx and it sounds a hell of a lot better than my greddy type-s or my friend's hks.
but... i heard greddy type-s sounds good on crx type R's.. so maybe you should try that one out

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahah.. dumbass.. turboxs is the best sounding one out there. they make good quality shit. we have one on the wrx and it sounds a hell of a lot better than my greddy type-s or my friend's hks.
Why do you think, you moron, that I want something else than the all-around popular turboXS?? Probably because I have my own reasons so shut up will ya. I want JDM Supra style sound quality not WRX style!

·
Registered
221 Posts
CRXType-R said:

Why do you think, you moron, that I want something else than the all-around popular turboXS?? Probably because I have my own reasons so shut up will ya. I want JDM Supra style sound quality not WRX style!
well you called it cheap, which it isnt. its well made and the same price as the others. your car will never sound anything like a supra. an hks bov is not gonna make your car sound like a supra. its fine if you have your own reasons.. but just dont go around calling a good company "cheap".

and also.. how does a jdm supra sound any different than a usdm supra? also.. of all the bov's i've heard.. the turboxs sounds the most like a "JDM stYlE" one. instead of just a high pitched whistle (greddy,hks) that seems to be associated more with usdm cars.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you please stop the rice stuff and get what I`m saying, JDM supra sound means JDM associated components : Blitz, HKS, KBC, T-Get, TKF, ..I want original JDM parts they use thats all...I called it cheap because everyone here gets them because they are cheaper than Greddy ones. Now maybe this is "top stuff" at your place but not around here and thats the bottom line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an hks ss and i like it alot. Greddy type s sounds good also but i like hks better. As for the TurboXS...i have yet to hear it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have the greddy type s on my b18b, you couldnt pay me to put the hks ss on, my buddy has one on his b18b doesnt sound too appealing to me, but then again everyone is entitled to what they like.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well heres your break down:

if you want to be like everyone else, get the GReddy type-S, you know the sound,
or the HKS, the HKS gets real annoying cause it sounds like you have compressor surge all day long, it flutters and you know how it goes

if you want "JDM supra stuff" then you're not gonna be looking at this, i dont know if you've ever heard a true JDM supra but they arnt loud at all in the BOV area, they sound more like a sneeze if anything, its us americans that desire the loud as hell release. the Apexi unit is popular with the MKIV's as well as the HKS non-sequential.

FYI, turboXS is not cheap bro, do some research they are raping on the IDRC circuit with their turbos

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
alexgst98 said:
i heard greddy type-s sounds good on crx type R's.. so maybe you should try that one out
lol... haha :p :D ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: hey

IntegraXTR said:
get the HKS Super Seq. BOV. sounds like a fuggin' laser..
They are the best...Go with HKS SSB.. U will love it too...
ppppssssssshhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i believe turbo xs is the loudest on the market if thats wat yer going for....sound.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah well I don`t really like the air releasing sound of the turboXS.. I love the super sequential "fuggin laser" since I heard it and that`s what I`m going to get. BTW anyone knows how to fit a super sequential on a greddy piping, any special adapters?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts