Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best break up grade for a SOHC vtec accord. i have basic bolt ons now and i already ahve a modified break set up. right now i have brembo blanks and axxis pbr metal master pads. my future plans r internal mods to JR supercharger. so as far as rotors/pads/ and lines.

p.s dont post the the AEM big breaks b/c they r too expensive and i dont need THAT much stopping power.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok since no one can reply. how about stock size power slot rotors, axxis/pbr pads and goodritch break lines?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
stick with blank rotors. slotted won't do anything for you performance wise. Get some good brake fluid like ATE Superblue or ATE Type 200 Gold. Add a good set of shocks springs (yes, these do impact braking), along with a good set of tire (remember brakes don't stop the car, your tires do).

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found a package set up w/ power slot rotors, axxis/pbr pads/ and goodritch break lines for $200. i know i dont NEED sloted but i am planning on adding a supercharger one day so i think the sloted will be cool and especially since the entire package is only 200. what do you think?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I wouldn't buy it, even for $200.

1) powerslot buys their rotors from wherever they can and machines them. one batch may be from a quality vendor like brembo... next may not be quite so good. I've had a set of powerslots. they seemed to be ok. They warped quickly, but that could have been my fault.

2) slotted rotors cause accelerated brake pad wear. I had an AEM pad with the powerslots that had been worn at an angle so that it looked like a wedge, but the pad may not have been seated properly to begin with.

3) No firsthand experience with axxis pads, but there are better pads out there.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kommon_sense said:
I wouldn't buy it, even for $200.

1) powerslot buys their rotors from wherever they can and machines them. one batch may be from a quality vendor like brembo... next may not be quite so good. I've had a set of powerslots. they seemed to be ok. They warped quickly, but that could have been my fault.

2) slotted rotors cause accelerated brake pad wear. I had an AEM pad with the powerslots that had been worn at an angle so that it looked like a wedge, but the pad may not have been seated properly to begin with.

3) No firsthand experience with axxis pads, but there are better pads out there.

then list good rotors and break pads. rotors that will be good for a supercharger upgrade. and are the goodritch break lines a good brand for lines?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
supercharger, turbo, nitrous, go-go juice... doesn't matter what rotor or really even what pad. Rotors are all pretty much the same. You need the best pad that you can get that will operate properly on street conditions...

My recommendation : http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154461

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The package that Kommon recommended look nice!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey kommon, that set of bobcat rotors are whatever they are, how much did you pay for them and where can i find them at? thanx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Shit, the combination you have is more than sufficient.. in fact quite a nice upgrade from stock. I don't know what you think you're going to be doing with a Supercharger that's going to make you need to upgrade your brakes more.

Maybe the fluid suggested, and some braided steel lines - those two things plus what you already have is exactly what I have, and there's nothing about it I don't like.

kommon probably made the best suggestion of all: tires, springs, shocks. Right now they will have 10 times more impact on your braking than another pad/rotor switch.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LordAccord said:
Shit, the combination you have is more than sufficient.. in fact quite a nice upgrade from stock. I don't know what you think you're going to be doing with a Supercharger that's going to make you need to upgrade your brakes more.

Maybe the fluid suggested, and some braided steel lines - those two things plus what you already have is exactly what I have, and there's nothing about it I don't like.

kommon probably made the best suggestion of all: tires, springs, shocks. Right now they will have 10 times more impact on your braking than another pad/rotor switch.

thank you but i already have lowering springs and shocks. tockico blue gas shocks, ebiach sport line springs, SPC performance front/rear adjustable chamber kit, nuespeed upper front tower bar, progress rear anti-sway bar in the back. so just upgrading my break fluid and lines will help out w/ better breaking.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
what would be the best break up grade for a SOHC vtec accord. i have basic bolt ons now and i already ahve a modified break set up. right now i have brembo blanks and axxis pbr metal master pads. my future plans r internal mods to JR supercharger. so as far as rotors/pads/ and lines.

p.s dont post the the AEM big breaks b/c they r too expensive and i dont need THAT much stopping power.

I sat, get some better pads (Hawk) and some goodride stainless braided lines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts