Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find some cheap (<$300 front+rear) struts to couple with some Neuspeed Sport Springs for my 98 V6 Accord. This car is a daily driver - so I am going for ride comfort over performance. This car will never race either - so adjustable shocks are not needed.

I just need some struts that can handle the 1.8" drop the springs will give!

Thanks,
-Nate

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Grimlykindo said:
I need to find some cheap (<$300 front+rear) struts to couple with some Neuspeed Sport Springs for my 98 V6 Accord. This car is a daily driver - so I am going for ride comfort over performance. This car will never race either - so adjustable shocks are not needed.

I just need some struts that can handle the 1.8" drop the springs will give!

Thanks,
-Nate
for 300 bucks you can go with kyb agx, but i wouldn't recommend them.. spend the extra 100-150 and go with tokicos. it will be better for the longrun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
yeah, those look ok, or maybe go for the illuminas for $100 more.

no, wait, those look like oem replacements, they will probably go on you if your lowering on those. the illuminas is what you should check out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rnstein69! - the Tokico Illuminas look pretty good - $360 shipped, plus they are adjustable (not needed, but can't hurt)

Anybody else have an ideas for struts around the $300 range?

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Grimlykindo said:
Thanks rnstein69! - the Tokico Illuminas look pretty good - $360 shipped, plus they are adjustable (not needed, but can't hurt)

Anybody else have an ideas for struts around the $300 range?
like i said, the kyb agx are also adjustable, and go for about $80 a peice, i have them and i am not all too impressed/happy with them. they are ok. shop around for konis, i hear that they are good also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rnstein69 said:
like i said, the kyb agx are also adjustable, and go for about $80 a peice, i have them and i am not all too impressed/happy with them. they are ok. shop around for konis, i hear that they are good also.
Yeah, I had KYB (G.R.-somethings?) and Sprint 2" lowering springs on my 97 Monte Carlo and it rode like SH*T! I have never liked KYBs...

I have already shopped for Koni's and even on Ebay they are $500+ for front+rear set :noo

So far the Tokico's are at the top of my list - Anybody else got any other ideas or input???

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the tokico blues are NOT oe replacements. they are an entry level performance strut. the kyb gr-2's are the oe replacements and should be avoided at all costs.i'd stay away from kyb in general...cuz even their agx struts are just bleh.

you don't need the illuminas if you don't need adjustment. the blues are fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info

UltraMagneticAL said:
the tokico blues are NOT oe replacements. they are an entry level performance strut. the kyb gr-2's are the oe replacements and should be avoided at all costs.i'd stay away from kyb in general...cuz even their agx struts are just bleh.

you don't need the illuminas if you don't need adjustment. the blues are fine.
Thanks,

I was researching and kinda figured as much - Eibach sells a premade package deal of their pro-kit springs and the Tokico HP (blue) struts for only $450. I can't imagine Eibach would pair their lowering spring with OE level struts. Since I am going for ride quality and not racing performance - this might be what I'll get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.