Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Grimlykindo said:
I need to find some cheap (<$300 front+rear) struts to couple with some Neuspeed Sport Springs for my 98 V6 Accord. This car is a daily driver - so I am going for ride comfort over performance. This car will never race either - so adjustable shocks are not needed.

I just need some struts that can handle the 1.8" drop the springs will give!

Thanks,
-Nate
for 300 bucks you can go with kyb agx, but i wouldn't recommend them.. spend the extra 100-150 and go with tokicos. it will be better for the longrun.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
yeah, those look ok, or maybe go for the illuminas for $100 more.

no, wait, those look like oem replacements, they will probably go on you if your lowering on those. the illuminas is what you should check out.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Grimlykindo said:
Thanks rnstein69! - the Tokico Illuminas look pretty good - $360 shipped, plus they are adjustable (not needed, but can't hurt)

Anybody else have an ideas for struts around the $300 range?
like i said, the kyb agx are also adjustable, and go for about $80 a peice, i have them and i am not all too impressed/happy with them. they are ok. shop around for konis, i hear that they are good also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.