Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definetly want to go with AEM...but which one should I get....I have herd that the 91 acura Integra will fit/ CRX will fit/ 99-00 civic Si will fit and the del sol vtec will fit....which won do you have and how did it fit for you? did you have to relocate your battery?

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have heard the 99-00 civic si, but you got to move the battery to the trunk. That would be for maximum performance. Any input or correction is welcome, Ryan

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
90-91 integra will not fit (i know because i bought an 90-91 integ intake and it surely dont fit) without moving the battery....place racing makes a CAI that works for B-series in an CRX (which means it has both nipples for the 2 vacume hoses)......$180 i believe is the price
www.placeracing.com

·
Registered
408 Posts
Get the 1999-2000 SI AEM CAI and an Odyssey battery. This way, you get the best possible intake, you don;t have to worry about reloacting the battery, and you drop about 15 pounds from the weight of the car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
there's nothing hard about moving your battery to the trunk.with bigger motor swaps in a rex if you do it its 1 less thing you have to worry about down the road. no prob with mine!!!! :sleep:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys...I actually bought a placeracing CAI for the rex last week and installed it yesterday night.....the fit was pretty good...took a little adjusting but nothing major....it goes right around the battery and then down into the bumper, came with that new monsterflow filter too....its supposed to be pretty good but who knows....I was a little pissed to find out that it didnt have EITHER of the vacuum line holes so i had to get a y adapter and put a hole in the rubber connector and I put it there...works fine but still bothers me that it was made for a bseries engine into CRX but they didnt make the vacuum line holes. It was like 200 bucks shipped. I would recommend it still though....just when you order it tell them to put the extra two vacuum line holes/connector thingys on it. damn people.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
speaking of moving the battery to the back, i've all the materials EXCEPT a battery box...where can i find a decent one for a decent price?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
summit racing sells some pretty good battery boxes.

i believe sears also sells them too in their automotive department.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts