Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oky no matter how many times peoepl talk about this i dont se mto be gettign a complete answer. which cams are better for the h22? crower or jun cams? people are saying taht crowers break , and soem say that they dont. so which is which?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
this new company is really really good. its called do-your-own-research cams. A+ quality. :idiots

sry :hehe ;) but ne wayz not many on here will know becuz none of them have ever had diffrent cams in their cars. there are a few, but not many. go somewhere else b4 you go to cams and research research research :tu

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
No doubt about it, JUN cams are the way to go. I was planning to use them with my all motor build, but then I got a bit sidetracked :p I've talked to plenty of guys that are currently using them, and they are all very happy with the power gains. One guy dynoed his right after install, and put down 20 more whp, with no fuel or cam gear tuning. And you can get a set of them at www.titanmotorsports.com for under $900.

JUN > Crower :tu

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
people percpections of cams are amazing.

there are no "best" cams. there are only cams that are moreso suited for your inteded goals then others. bigger lift, longer duration, faster ramps, more overlap is not always better. valve timing events must be seriously matched to an intended build. this is why you will see guys with type s cams making 200 whp and guys with crower stage 2's making 190hp and vice versa.

as far as breakage. yes crower had a set of bad blanks about 2 years ago. after that i have heard of jun cams snapping and crowers snapping. its not always as easy as dropping a set of cams in and forgeting about it. there are tons of factors in how a cam snaps. its been proven time and time again that pretty much every company does not meet oem spec for how thier blanks are made. improper install results in a lot of cam snappings as well as not checking tolerances before the thing is even installed.

when you install main and rod bearings you mic the journals or plastigauge them and determine the bearing size you need. why? because too much clearance will drop oil pressure and cause unecessary contact from things basically rattling around. to little clearance will starve the bearings of oil or be metal to metal contact from the get go. people dont realize you really need to do the same thing with a new cam. whats even worse for a cam in a honda motor is there are no bearings for them to begin with. the journal is basically the bearing. castings imperfections that starve oil to the journals or castings flaws that result in warpage and excessive runout will generate imense heat and heat is the number one enemy of any part that generates friction. then on top of that there are mechanical issues like retainer to guide clearance, retainer to rocker arm clearance, lost motion assembly binding, valve spring binding, excessive spring seat pressure........on and on and on.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Rick v is totally right. i have crowers my self and i like them ill let you guys know if they break. but if you go on honda tech they will bitch like crazy about how jun cams break, i have never seen a cam i installed break in all my days from gsr jun 3's to skunk 2 stage 2 b series and as of yet my crowers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.