Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....Im just wondering whats the best car alarm to get out there?...one that is pretty sensative and around how much would it cost?

· Registered
563 Posts
i think they're all the same, for about 4 bills u get everything. Keep in mind, its the installation that makes your car harder to steal. I have a viper 800, and i rerouted everything so you cant find the wiring or set it up that if u disable the alarm u disable the car..(I.E. taped the alarm power wire to the battery wire, and hide it with wire loom)..so if u cut alarm wire, u cut car battery power. also, i had the viper's ecu moved to another location in the car..and all wiring was covered up with combo of duck tape and electrical tape.

just say, my car is a bitch to steal..hahahaa..

· Registered
158 Posts
CLIFFORD IS THE BEST :D

· Registered
3,194 Posts
yep, hafta go with the syn man on that one. The most features, reliability, and security, clifford hands down.

· Registered
158 Posts
TOP OF THE LINE CLIFFORD

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea...i got the viper 500 installed the other day...i like it because the shock sensor is sensative just the way i want it...and the installation is good because u cant see any of the wiring or any part of the alarm......i paid $240 for it including installation.

· Registered
96 Posts
Viper is overrated imo. A friend of mine has the Viper 500 esp. It is an ok alarm, nice features, but most you wont use. It the siren went off, it will tell you via the LED flashing. But DEI now owns most of the major companies.

· Registered
158 Posts
TO blue95accord WHERE YOU LIVE IN MIAMI

· Registered
53 Posts
my friend has the alladin system on his IS and its tite! crazy range and it beeps you when the alarm is set off. its a really good system and its gettin cheaper as we speak. my friends have found the system for like 200.

· Registered
96 Posts
Aladdin is a Japansese made unit. I know from 1st hand experience that they are poorly made,bc someone in my family actually worked on the production for it. It is all bells and whistles, which sells. It takes about 30 seconds to disable that alarm system. stick with brand names like DEI, which own all the major companies. DEI (viper makers) clifford (great product) Dont go cheap w/your alarm, get real security protection. With all the $ we spend on mods, isnt it worth it?

Also, only the major companies have approved patents for the alarms they make.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.