Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which cat is the best for me? I have a 96 Integra LS. I was looking at the car-sound cat, but I dunno about it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
What is your setup? I won't say that they are the best but I have a carsound cat and DC JDM 4-1 headers and I am impressed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've AEM CAI,DC Sport 4-1 header,and greddy exhaust and my carsound cat is doing just like i hoped it would

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
At this time the Carsond is the best available cat and also what I run.

Heres a link to their site:
http://www.car-sound.com/

Mike at IPS racing sells them, his link is:
http://www.ipsracing.com/

Good luck,

A.

PS Let's NOT let this become a testpipe Vs. HF Cat post.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Etylorcen said:
I like persian cats....meow. This post just like this thread is a waste of space.
tolerance Tom, Tolerance...

We help we don't kill. Good li'l kitty kitty kitty...

A.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have a carsound cat too. only costs like 100 bucks but u gotta get flages welded onto it. i ran my car b4 and after and i dropped .2 seconds off the 1/4 with the carsound cat.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
same here, 2.5" Carsound cat with JDM DC Sports header.
works great all around. only $112 shipped to my door with flanges welded on and all the hardware.

later

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey sweet where did you ordered your carsound hf cat..? it's not a bad price..!
what size is the dc sports 421 collector..??

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
jmcy said:
hey sweet where did you ordered your carsound hf cat..? it's not a bad price..!
what size is the dc sports 421 collector..??
testpipe.com, 1-877-722-3784. they usually have good prices and can do just about anything for you.

BTW i have the JDM 4-1 with 2.5" collector so i have the cat with 3" flange on the front and 2.5" rear flange for the cat-back. if you are going mild, like with a 4-2-1 DC Sports, then get the 2.25" cat in stock length so it's matched with the header/cat-back.
or if you think you will go big (headwork, cams, high C/R) later on then get the JDM 4-1 with the 2.5" cat/cat-back.

the JDM header and 2.5" Carsound cat is a nice setup and works very well. let's just say my B18C1 is opened up now.

later :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts