Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering, whats the best tire you recommend? I'm thinking about S-02's.....but the price is rather high for them...what do you suggest?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think a lot of people will say Falken Azenis......Probably one of the best tires for the price they sell at. Tire life isn't very long but you'll have excellent traction. I personally would like to try Dunlop FM901's, but no one seems to know much about them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
BFGoodrich KDW, or KDWS
Bridgestone s-03, best all around IMO, less expensive than s02
michelin pilot sport a/s (reeeealy expensive)
dunlop sp sport a2

This would be for a 205/55/16 right?
I think you could even go 225/50/16, has same revs per mile and diameter.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ArtcbluRsx said:
whats the advantages of going w/ a 225 instead of the stockie 205?
Wider contact patch...and curb protection. You may want to check on tirerack.com to see the reccomended rim width for a 225/50/16 tire. I don't know the wheels' width on the rsx...if you can find that out, I can see whether or not the 225 would fit.

NM, i think 225/50/16 will fit. It has a rim width range of 6"-8. It also has the same rolling daimeter, so you don't have to worry bout speedo error and all. Only thing...is there is an ever so slightly increase in sidewall-flex responsiveness. But it is marginal compared to the level of grip you will gain...not to mention increased curb protection.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
hey. another good tire from falken is the ziex 502. they last longer and still provide tons more grip than those stock michelins. i have them on the integra and i love em.

·
Registered
981 Posts
the bf goodrich scorcher t/a's are phat, and you can get em for just dry, dry and wet, or dry, wet, and snow. they are kinda pricey, at like 90-100 bux for 16's, but well fuckin worth it. they are badass in the 1320 and unbelievable on the skidpad

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesterday i tried a pair of S-02's on my car...and wow..they grip....and when i thought that was the perfect tire...my friend showed me his Yokohama Advans on his S2K..and are those some sick ass tires...

·
Registered
933 Posts
S-03's > all.

I drive in the rain just for the fun of it now.

17x7 Rotas
225/45/17 Bridgestone S-03's
Eibach Sportlines
Hotchkis front/rear sway bars

·
Registered
95 Posts
Before I would have said my favorite's were Nitto 555's but now I have to say that I think Khumo 711's are the best I just got 4 711's and mounting and balancing for $309.00. They have a tread wear rating of 360 or something which is higher than most. Plus I have had Toyo Proxies, Khumo 712's, Nitto 555, and now these Khumo 711's and they are the first to hook second gear. Just my $0.02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.