Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
If I were going to fully build/lower compression on a lude, would it be better to get a lower mileage or could i save money and buy one with 150K on it to rebuild?

:confused:

Thanky:D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
beni said:
Im planning on boosting (turbo) to get 300 - 350 whp, but this goal is far off, first I need the project car.
just get a supra tt, then add intake and exhaust and youll have your goal :) not that hard at all ;)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I bought a Project Prelude, and just pulled the engine today... I am completely rebuilding the entire engine, and the engine that came with the car had 176,000 miles on it. I live right next to a machine shop that my grandfather use to own, so I get all sorts of free work and major discounts which is awesome as hell. According the 6 guys that work their, and have rebuilt engines for 25+ years mileage it won't matter if you do end up rebuilding just about everything. Which I am doing... Everything from the valve-train down to the crankshaft are being replaced. Fun, fun, fun... And pricey, pricey, pricey...

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you rebuilt the bottom end then you wont have any problems at all, you'll basically have a brand new bottom-end with no worries you can easy boost 20 psi(if tuned right).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.