Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im lookin into getting a 5th gen and i was wondering what you guys were gaining on different exhausts. I talked to a couple local exhaust shops and nobody in the area has a mandrel bender except one guy and he charges like 700...:mad: so what brand are u guys runnin?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
no exhaust is really going to have that much of a diff. btwn the other so its really up to u....

mugen is top notch though......personally i like thermal and ws

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
ahh not again..here we go
hahaha how many threads have been about the best exhaust?
everyone is gonna have their own opinion
depends on what you want, sound, performance, design, appearance

personally, i say the best bet is a custom made catback setup, though it'll run you a lot more than most. 700 doesn't sound suprising for the mandrel bending, if you wanna go that way be prepared to shell out some big dollars. maybe go with a brand name catback exhaust, apexi n1 and greddy evos, popular and affordable. thermal, rsr, mugen too. do some research, many threads on 5gen fart cannons

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Go for the Apexi WS.....if i could do it all over, that is what i would get...maybe it's just me, but loud exhausts give me headaches...and attract unwanted attention from cops and ricers...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
personaly preference. I would decide what header your gonna run.

if you pick the smsp or AN-R I would run a custom 2.5 cat back.

otherwise a greddy/dc sports/stock I would run an N1 or the new tanabe super medallion or super hyper medallion?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think im gonna get a greddy header unless there is something better in that price range :confused: i was looking into an RSR exmag.... i want quiet.. but not if it will rob of a good amount of hp...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
tourhcky said:
i think im gonna get a greddy header unless there is something better in that price range :confused: i was looking into an RSR exmag.... i want quiet.. but not if it will rob of a good amount of hp...
u are going to have to do some work to fit the greddy header on a 5th gen....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
about how much is a An r headers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.