Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody, I am new to this forum, but was a meber of TI.net for a while. I was wandering what exhaust I could get that would give me the most horsepower increase for my 96 integra LS?

·
Registered
145 Posts
do you have anything else on your car? intake and headers maybe?

a good friend of mine told me "don't expect much from adding on just an intake, header, or exhaust system. you won't really feel a difference until you've got all three of them working together."

try using the search function too.. i think someone asked a similar question a few weeks ago and there were some really good answers.

best of luck - J

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an AEM cold air intake, and am going to get headers and a cat along with the exhaust but just don't know which brands to get.

·
Registered
519 Posts
From what I know there is no one exhasut that is going to give you huge gain differences over another. Pretty much all cat-back exhaust are the same, unless your going turbo or plan on doing heavy mods on your car. Usually when you go turbo you want something with about a 2.5 or 3.0 inch pipeing. In most cases for just your basic bolt-on's most standard exhausts are 2 3/8 inch pipeing. Decide what you plan on doing with your car and then go from there. When your shopping for an exhaust go with what you like the looks of and the sound of, call around, talk to some places, most places will tell you what sounds like stock, whats really loud, things like that. Do some reasearch find what you like and what your going to be happy with.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just find it hard to belive that you are a TI.net member asking this question here on SHO?

Why you ask? Because this has been covered many many times over and over before. And everytime its covered, it always come down to how the exhaust sounds instead of how much power the exhaust makes.

Because the majority of the exhausts out there (like 99.9%) are either 2.25" or 60mm (2 3/8"). That means that they all make about the same amount of power because they all have the same size piping.

Thermal has a Turbo version that is 3" but thats for a turbo setup. There was another exhaust that was actually a 2.5" or 2.75" diameter piping, but I don't remember what it was called.

IHO, don't get an exhaust unless you are making serious power. Or unless you want a certain sound that your car will be making.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
First, lest us Welcome ntegrals... W-E-L-C-O-M-E!!!:D

Now, please read the rules, and stickies and for the love of God please SEARCH!!! Your answers are out there...

BTW SAK is correct, if you aren't making big power say 200WHP and or using Hot cams or any form of FI then you really don't need anything bigger than 2 1/4" piping diameter. You just need to research and purchase wisely based on quality of build and of course the ever popular "sound" and looks which BTW is usually important to alot of people, and after personally hearing alot of crappy exhausts yesterday, I wish more people purchased their catbacks with and ounce or educated decisionmaking and better taste.

Most tuner exhausts have decent sound and tone and of decent build quality and are of the same diameter and with the same negative bottleneck's.

The following are free flowing setups with performance in mind and NO restrictions IE bottlenecks:

Skunk2=60mm 2 3/8's
Apexi=60MM 2 3/8's
Hytech=2 1/2"
SMSP=2 1/2"
Thermal 3" Turbo application
Kakimoto 2 3/4"

Search away,,, and good luck... Ask me what you like, I had an LS like yours awhile ago...

A.

PS I run my stock setup right now and have good results but, my car is virtually stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
quality

I recently got the skunk2 catback for my gsr and I have to say that it was an excellent purchase. Sound is pearl and it is made by RSR. Im sure everyone will give you some sort of different opinion about his or her systems. The search function will give you tons on info on this subject.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i know i shouldnt keep this thread going but while on the subject does the skunk 2 exhaust have a mellow mugen sound to it or is it loud where you can hear it even though you music it tured up

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
gr_electronics said:
i know i shouldnt keep this thread going but while on the subject does the skunk 2 exhaust have a mellow mugen sound to it or is it loud where you can hear it even though you music it tured up
It's an N-1 style so it won't be quieter than a Twinloop style.

It will be more mellow on your wallet for certain though.

A.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
gr_electronics said:
hehe wasnt to concerned about being mellow on my wallet was mainly lookin for a quiet sound exhaust so what would you sug.?
i would say a world sport (quietest i know of), that tanabe with the chambered muffler, that greddy (ummmm, sp maybe), or something like that if you don't want it too loud.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
gr_electronics said:
hehe wasnt to concerned about being mellow on my wallet was mainly lookin for a quiet sound exhaust so what would you sug.?
You got money to burn??? PM me and I'll give you an address to send some cash to.

Twinloop's are the quietest besides stock.

Or you could get an Integra Type-R exhaust...

A.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
1Greyteg said:
You got money to burn??? PM me and I'll give you an address to send some cash to.
yeah really, same here.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
quiet?

Dont most systems come with a silencer? My skunk2 did, but i like it with it off. The sound is very deep, strong, especially at Vtec.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Greddy SP catback or Apex'i World Sport

definately..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.