Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a back 99 ek that i will be getting an engine in sometime this winter. Hopefully during school break. The thing is that I don't have the cash for the b20 bottom but I can afford a dohc 1.6 swap or a 18c1 swap. I'm not a nood so I know the difference in hp. The only thing that bothers me is that down the road maybe 6 months after the swap I will want the b20 in so will the gsr swap work as well as the b16. I want power but I have heard that the b16 head is better on a b20. Is this true? Also since the swap will have there own trannies is the b18 tranny better than the b16? I have heard that the b16 has better gears. Any info would help. thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
SEARCH! There are tons of the post all the time. There are stickys about this so people will hopefully read them to find all the info they need instead of posting the same questions over and over again. LS/VTEC Sticky: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55995

The b16 head is supposed to flow better, but if you can afford a b18c1 why wouldnt you be able to afford b20/vtec??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PEOPLE POST NEW THREADS.

This is a forum if we were just going to look at stickies and not post then this wouldn't be forum. I can afford both swaps because I will get a good deal from friends. But I don't want to spend the extra 1,000 more for the b18c1 and then pay even more for the b20 bottom if it isn't going to make more power then a b16 motor with the b20? Do you understand now?

and thanks for taking the time to post about the stickes which didn't answer my question.

·
Registered
506 Posts
actually the B16 doesn't exactly flow better, someone had a chart on the flow(a flow chart???) and the B16 gets better flow but it does dip, in the high end a little bit and the b18c1 gets a little better flow up there but thats one section of the power band so yes solely was right the b16 gets gets better flow overall, but solely was also right about checking the sticky, being a forum doesn't mean you gotta post everytime you have a question to bump up your post count, and if you can find your answer by searching or looking at a sticky then that saves people the time and effort of answering your question, and it saves the mods the time it takes us to look through all the posts, its just common courtesy, why do you think we have stickys and the search function?

·
Registered
291 Posts
look asshole, i answered you question didnt I? a b20 block only cost about 800 bills. BTW what the hell are you talking about you dont want to spend more money for the b18c1 then end up paying more for the b20 block????? why would you spend the money for a b16a or b18c1 then 6 months later have to sell the block and keep the head, when you can go b20/vtec now? so obviously i dont understand becuase you are not making yourself clear at all, and if the sticky doesnt have the info your looking for then your post you post there!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm ass hole but your the one replying to a post when you don't know what your talking about. thanks alot absolutMugen

·
Registered
291 Posts
thats funny considering he agreed with me about everything i said, and that i know him personally.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets see you said that the b16 flows better and he said that the b18 really doesn't flow any worse. The point is that I have enough money to get either swap but I don't want to spend the extra money for a b18 if the head isn't going to add any extra hp.Also I asked about the trannies too. am I supposed to look for that in the stickes too. Just about every post in here you could say you could find in a sticky or search but I was trying to get both answers.

·
Registered
291 Posts
thas cool, al im sayin is that there are so many posts about this topic that it would be alot easier if people searched or looked through the stickies to find out what they want to know and if they dont get there answer then post their question.
BTW how much can you get the b16 and th b18c1 for?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be the down side to my little plan. I can get them for around 2,500 installed for the b16 or 3000 for the b18. The b20 for 350. Why so cheap. Lets just say that my friends cousin can get his hands on stuff cheap. He got his ls/vtec in for 3000 and can hang with my brothers R.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Knives said:
Ok I have a back 99 ek that i will be getting an engine in sometime this winter. Hopefully during school break. The thing is that I don't have the cash for the b20 bottom but I can afford a dohc 1.6 swap or a 18c1 swap.
the b20 bottom is cheaper then a complete b16/b18 swap kid. so if you can't afford the b18/b18c swap then either 1) you're getting the worst rip off i've ever seen, or 2) you aren't too knowledgeable about prices of engines...

I'm not a nood so I know the difference in hp. The only thing that bothers me is that down the road maybe 6 months after the swap I will want the b20 in so will the gsr swap work as well as the b16.
knowing the difference in hp, does not declare your intelligence.
look at the ls/vtec sticky in the integra forum for flow comparison charts, both heads (b16/b18c) are compatible with the b20 block.

[/b]I want power but I have heard that the b16 head is better on a b20. Is this true? Also since the swap will have there own trannies is the b18 tranny better than the b16? I have heard that the b16 has better gears. Any info would help. thanks [/B]
again, this question has been covered repeatively, so you can either use the seach function, or look onto the ls/vtec stick in the integra forum. the b16 tranny is better because it is nearly identical to the b18c5 tranny minus the lsd, final gear.

the reas why we are telling you to use the SEARCH FUNCTION or LS/VTEC STICKY is because this is an EXHAUSTING TOPIC that has been covered so many times, it has its own sticky...

you are not only going t oSAVE yourself TIME, but others as WELL...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Knives said:
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PEOPLE POST NEW THREADS.

This is a forum if we were just going to look at stickies and not post then this wouldn't be forum. I can afford both swaps because I will get a good deal from friends. But I don't want to spend the extra 1,000 more for the b18c1 and then pay even more for the b20 bottom if it isn't going to make more power then a b16 motor with the b20? Do you understand now?

and thanks for taking the time to post about the stickes which didn't answer my question.
why would having a sticky undefine a forum? i mean, collectively speaking, we're all on here to have our questions answered...and you're getting your questions answered, just as all the many other questions regarding ls/vtec related questions, in the ls/vtec sticky...

the question here isn't about the engine, but you're own personal dilemma because you want everything now and everything later....that isn't up for us to decide...

all we are providing you is the necessary information on the engines in question for you to formulate a conclusion

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
goddamn I know that a fucking engine swap is more than a b20. I'm saying that i have enough to get the b16 engine swap and the b20 block. which is about the same for a b18c1 but not enough for it and the b20 bloc. If I am wasting your time by posting the why are you WRITING back. the sticky is LS/VTEC. Not b20 heads. SHIT i'm not going to read all the pages on the sticky that doesn't have the title of what I'm looking for. Hey maybe I should read a sticky on tire ofsets when I'm looking for some coilovers

Read the post over again really don't you think I know the price of a engine swap over just a bottom end "KID".

and if I'm wasting your time why the hell are you going to post TWICE.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never understood why people reply to a post and then claim that they are waisting there time. If I see a post that I have already read I just don't open it.

and for 92 hatch if you didn't want to be a dick why not just say to search or do a sticky for ls/vtec. And I flamed you because you didn't just say that. because doing a search for b20 heads would not of brought up ls/vtec.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Knives said:
the sticky is LS/VTEC. Not b20 heads. SHIT i'm not going to read all the pages on the sticky that doesn't have the title of what I'm looking for.
why do you think people say dont judge a book by is cover??????
just becuase it not called "B20 HEADS" doesnt mean its not going to have the information your looking for. LS/VTEC ~ B20/VTEC, practically the same thing.
ok, this is my last post here cuase im tired of all this flamin back and forth. you have to think about it, if you are looking for B20 heads then that means your looking for info on b20/vtec which is almost the same as the ls/vtec so all you have to do is just find out what your gonna look for and look for it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure there are many differences.the word "practically" is not something that I am looking for when spending thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
seriously, will ever drop it, sure there a differences, MY POINT was that if your loking for info on b20vtec you would look in the lsvtec sticky to find what you need to know. i hope you found the answer to whatever question you were loking for, sorry for bein an ass again cuase this got way out of hand i appologize , so anything else just pm me. peace.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep. sorry for flaming

see if to people can make peace on superhonda then why do we still have war.:cry: J/k

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes you're both right, there are differences knife but they are essentially the same operation so I'm gonna have to go w/ solely, and all this stuff has been answered in that post if you would have taken the time to look you wouldn't have said that, also hybrid and I have just posted the rules and stuck them so please take a look, if you will notice number 1 is regarding searching, and flaming is also against the rules, I don't see this thread doing anything else productive so its CLOSED

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.