Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we got a 94 Integra LS in need of some minor cosmetic(see post in cosmetic & body) Just over 123K on the clock with a B18b1 and 5sp.
First, are we too far on the mileage for a good SeaFoam cleaning? I have read a few stories about bad bad things happening after an engine is as mature as this one. What's your

The car has had pretty regular maintainence, @ 90K had new timing belt and water pump...pretty regular oil changes, just recently switched to Mobil1 synthetic...
Had a pretty thorough tuneup @ 90K also....
Had some brake work done just before that, master cylinder and rotors turned.
Looking at the records, this thing EATS tires...can't seem to get more than 25K out of 50K warrantied Falkens or Dunlops, thus I am gonna get an alignment and check the camber, it is sitting on stock 14" steels btw...
Thanks for you input...I wanna keep this little one rollin' for the teenybopper down the street...

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
rotor, cap, plug wires, spark plugs. Sounds like youve got it pretty much taken care of. I ran seafoam on my engine when it had 115K with no problems. Id also add a can of this stuff called automotive restorer or somethin like that. I put one in at every oil change and it seems to do a good job at restoring and protecting old engines.

Reactions: wineguydfw

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
mike sho posted a thread in the civic forum about seafoam. he said that anything over 150k shouldnt be using the seafoam. it cleans out the stuff that may be preventing leaks. so i think your fine to use it

·
Registered
392 Posts
new life? im kickin 265k and still stompin domestics. just add some lucas to every oil change thats the shit, also royal purple synth oil is good shit. maybe its just me but when i switched to royal purple i could really feel a diff in TR and accel plus engine temp stayed low

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
good oil does wonders.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just keep on doing regular maintanence and oil changes and you should have to worry. I have 241,000 on my 94 LS with no problems. Runs great and no trouble when driving it hard. 123K is just broken in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car has been pretty well maintained. The 17yo girl down the street was just given it and she basically asked me to be her mechanic on the car since she sees me working on my own all the time.
So, before I jumped into another Honda to maintain, I thought best to ask a few questions.
I read Mr. SHO's thread about the Seafoam, as well as other's comments on an Intrepide site I go to, thus was a little hesitant without confirmation from others.
I changed her over to Mobile1 Syn first thing, and will do the seafoam treatment tomorrow. I just drained her transmission and refilled w? Honda MTF and a conditioner. Put in a K&N air filter and changed her PVC and O2 Sensor...will put the plugs and plugwires on tomorrow after the seafoam.
What I have done already has made the car feel alot more solid.
Thanks for all the input...will keep you updated after tomorrows garage time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts