Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first time post!

What are some of the best and cheapest performance mods for a 5-speed 1.6L SOHC del Sol? I'm 16 and on a budget. Great site btw

·
Registered
268 Posts
best mod....trade it in for an Si
lol j/p

intake is probably the cheapest mod
how much u looking to spend?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
KrazzyKoreanBoi said:
GET A V - TEK CONTROLLA! It hellpz my escape from da hayterz.
yeah thats the same suggestion i was going to make.. :rolleyes

it depends on what u mean by performance mod..i would say suspension, and then when you have money, drop a new motor in it

·
Registered
959 Posts
Are you planning on keeping car a long time? If so all the money you spend on the motor will have to go when you do a swap. So like said prior upgrade your suspension and brakes, and maybe get nitrous-that can be swapped to whatever motor u get and is cheap compared to turbo/SC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I plan to keep this car for a long time to come.

Right now, I'm not interested in swapping the engine, cuz 38 mpg is hard to beat. I definitely agree that suspension is one of the "necessaries" I feel every little bump and crack in the road. Enginewise, I'm looking to spend no more than $500 for simple HP increases. Ram air, better spark plugs, strut bars, stuff like that. No Fast and Furious turbos or anything. Cost effective upgrades.
Thnx for the replies

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
yeah i mean if u dont want to much then just buy a short ram, an exhaust and maybe a header...a decent exhaust system will cost you near 500 right there alone. i bought my del sol s when i was 16 and once i got done in school and started having a steady job everythings coming in now, just enjoy the car because as soon as u put one thing on ur gona want more and you will like it less and less, thats how i was

·
Registered
56 Posts
A vafc (***** Air Fuel Contoller) is a waste... its alot easier to let the compter do it... All Isujest is cold air with a by-pass valve, header, and exhaust. It wont be a B16 stomper but it will be better than nothing

·
Registered
268 Posts
del Slo said:
A vafc (***** Air Fuel Contoller) is a waste... its alot easier to let the compter do it... All Isujest is cold air with a by-pass valve, header, and exhaust. It wont be a B16 stomper but it will be better than nothing
wow u are a noob arent u....

vtec controller has nothing to do with a A/F contoller, and no one said anything about a a/f controller so u must be talkin about the vtec controller....

anyway, onto my point

IF S MODELS ARENT VTEC, WHAT IS A VTEC CONTROLLER GOING TO DO FOR THAT MOTOR!!!!

people need to read better or something

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
DelSolman03 said:

vtec controller has nothing to do with a A/F contoller, and no one said anything about a a/f controller so u must be talkin about the vtec controller....

anyway, onto my point

IF S MODELS ARENT VTEC, WHAT IS A VTEC CONTROLLER GOING TO DO FOR THAT MOTOR!!!!

help them gets away from all da hayterzzz?

:lol2

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
DelSolman03 said:

anyway, onto my point

Woah there you need to chill. WTF do you think VAFC stands for? Obviously YOU need to read better because he spelled it out for you: VTEC AIR FUEL CONTROLLER.

It's true that he doesn't need a VAFC because he has a non-vtec d16y7 but an SAFC can still be used to adjust the A/F.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok... honestly... heres what i would do...

i understand you dont want to do a motor swap, but i URGE you to reconsider. You say you have ~$500, so why not save for another month and buy a d16z6? ive seen good d16s go for as little as $500 on ebay... and i think youll be much happier.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Forced induction is also another option if you are willing to spend about 800-1200 and do a lot of research.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
KrazzyKoreanBoi said:
GET A V - TEK CONTROLLA! It hellpz my escape from da hayterz.

teh del sol s is not vtec...and loewring your vtec point is not gunna make any power with a stock motor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts