Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iam buying a 4dr integra and was wondering what would be the best possible motor for it i dont want to spend to much ex.b18c5 or anytin it has to be a reasonable motor ex b16/f22 series/so on i just need soem help researching other then goin to sites i would to see everyones opinion and ideas before i decide and i think auperhonda is the best forum to ask it on ..thanks for every opinion and thought

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Stick with the b18 they come with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah good idea but iam goin to buy a integra thats in good shpae but crappy motor to save money so on with the question best motor?

·
Registered
20 Posts
STICK TO A B18, I WOULD SAY A B18C1.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have said this a million times but differnet motors are better for differnt applications. It depends what you are going to do with the car daily, autox, roadcourse, drag queen. Then decide what you want to do build a motor, boost it, show car, n/a setup, just i/h/e. You also have to make the decide the cost effectiveness of it all. Is it worth while to buy a new motor and pay to have it swapped or spend your time swapping it.
You should decide what you want to do with the car before you start wasting money on things that won't benefit you. Then again if you just want the bling of saying i have a JDM motor (in other words i spent 3500+ install to gain 40 hp) then get a b18c

·
Registered
97 Posts
im with ^^ i spent 4000 for my JDM B18C....its a great engine, dont get me wrong, not a single regret but hot damn was it expensive.

not only that, but then you have to decide where you want to go with ur engine and your setup....

make some decisions, HP...? do you plan on any sort of FI??

joe

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Im not saying you shouldn't buy it. just if your goal is a 200 hp motor or whatever they put out there are cheaper/easier ways to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why go for 4dr when you can alway goes for a 2dr. I just recently bought my 90-91 integra rs for 600 buck. Not a bad deal, huh? What type of motor did it come with? Mine came with a b18A. What are yours plan for the car anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts