Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did my head up with all skunk2 parts.
I am going to do my block now and need to know
what are the best pistons with rings to buy.

Also is there any thing else I should do other than change
my pistons and rings?

·
Registered
168 Posts
depends a lot on the application too. If you are goin NA, then high compression is the way to go. Turbo, low compression. I think the standard are JE or SRP. check out www.crower.com

·
Registered
168 Posts
Right on, like i said, check out crower or

http://www.raceeng.com

Good luck! Remimber they require break in too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
endyn definitely.. im using them and running about 12:1 on pump gas. check out www.theoldone.com it has lots of good info. these pistons are beautiful though, i wouldnt go with anything else. dont go with the super high compression unless your having your combustion chamber modified.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have heard total seal rings are good. More expensive, but worth the money.

Match them up with some endyn pistons and you will have a great setup.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The best pistons to get are JE. That is what i am planning to get for my car. If you ask anybody in the profesional racing world they will tell you JE is the best.

Youll have to deside wich pistons
for all motor you want high compression
for turbo or supercharge you want a low compression

·
Registered
301 Posts
Screw all that aftermarket stuff, it is a very simple answer:

Civic Type R pistons. Instant 12.5:1 or so. If you are worried that is too high, add a thicker Toda head gasket, just don't forget to accomodate the taller block with cam gear adjustments so your timing isn't off.

Or if you are worried about that, just get some JDM ITR pistons, about 11.3-5:1 there.

Both are relatively cheap, almost half of some of those others! And still OEM quality!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
je may have the best "off the shelf" pistons, im not going into that. however, if you ask any PROFESSIONAL racer, not just the guy next door with a drag car, they will tell you that they have custom pistons. endyn mass produces custom pistons, this is a complete contradiction of terms but hear me out. they make the design for the application, send it to wiseco(just as good as je plus more 4 valve experience), then get the final product and custom shape it by hand. they only work with hondas and so in a way, it is a custom piston. there is much more r&d into an endyn piston than a je. for another motor je may be the best, but not for your honda.
oe pistons are designed to work with a honda head and they are a great value but many compromises are made in a stock piston. if you are designing a motor similar to the jdm itr motor then you should use those pistons but if you want the most you can possibly get out of your 1.8 then you may want to look into spending the extra cash.
the endyns are much more forgiving than the stock honda slugs and unless you are having honda tune your car then youll need the extra forgiveness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.