Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was wondrin what is the best place to shop online for aftermarket parts. Also what would be some good starting aditions to a 1999 integra LS. I have not made any mods yet and am excited to get in to the dirt with it. Unfortinaly its a standerd but I cant realy help that. Any advice would be greatly apprechitive

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
downsouth20 said:
Hey all I was wondrin what is the best place to shop online for aftermarket parts. Also what would be some good starting aditions to a 1999 integra LS. I have not made any mods yet and am excited to get in to the dirt with it. Unfortinaly its a standerd but I cant realy help that. Any advice would be greatly apprechitive
Hey, welcome to SHO. You say your car is "unfortunately a standard"... what do you mean by that? Like it's a manual transmission? If so, that's a GOOD thing!

What are your goals and what do you want to do with the car?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
96teg said:
First thing to buy would be an intake. Look in the classified for stuff that you want and are looking for.
Not necessarily. If he wants to compete in auto-x this alone will bump him out of stock class. If he wants to go turbo this would make no sense to get. Please let's just wait until he tells us what he wants from the car before we go suggesting random parts... just because many/most of us might buy one part first doesn't mean it's right for him.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
White98LS said:
Not necessarily. If he wants to compete in auto-x this alone will bump him out of stock class. If he wants to go turbo this would make no sense to get. Please let's just wait until he tells us what he wants from the car before we go suggesting random parts... just because many/most of us might buy one part first doesn't mean it's right for him.
:btu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
automatic

what i ment to say was automatic. as far as classifides im curently deployed in iraq and have a mecanic back home installing the parts since i am unable to right now. I was thinking of putting a standerd transmision in but i know that would be a lot of money/work. And as far as direction I want to be able to have it fairly street leagal but i would like to greatly improve the horse power as well as the over all engine preformance its a fairly new car for me and i have not had much time with it so....I have not added any thing to it yet i am kind of in a mental block on where to start. First i have to buy a new radiator for the car due to a crack at the top so that is probly the first new part i will buy

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
downsouth20 said:
And as far as direction I want to be able to have it fairly street leagal but i would like to greatly improve the horse power as well as the over all engine preformance
Haha "fairly street legal"...

So are you planning on any competitive racing events like drag racing, auto-x, etc? And how much power do you want? A low 15-sec. car? A low 12-sec. car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to do some drag racing and once I get some visual done to it im planning on entering in to some shows with it. but that will probly have to be in the futre. Right now I just want to foucs on the proformence part of the vehicle

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
downsouth20 said:
I would like to do some drag racing and once I get some visual done to it im planning on entering in to some shows with it. but that will probly have to be in the futre. Right now I just want to foucs on the proformence part of the vehicle
Again, how much power/how fast do you want to go? We can't recommend anything at all until you tell us that.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Yes, performance tuning is just that, fine tuning to a specific goal or ideal. We need to know what your planning. Drag racing is a good start, but are you going to boost with a turbo/supercharger, nitrous, staying NA, or are you looking to do some quick street racing and therefore need just whatever you can get to get some power?

For instance... my setup is basically being designed to get a little more pep out of the car, and better gas mileage and just an all around great daily driver on the suspension, etc. Nothing hardcore...

looking at white98ls's vehicle and signature show's he's more the 'hardcore' type of character...

What are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My last vehicle was more of a show than a preformance. I am hoping to go the hardcore route. I am not shure if it is best to start putting a turbo on it. I was thinking about a greddy single ball bearing turbo but have not realy set any thing to stone im not shure if i should mod the ecu chip or hook a dignostic to it and us the standing ecu. Like I said thoe I am sort of at a mental block on where to start

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.