Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am doing an engine swap in my '93 civic.... most likely a b16 or b18c.... i want to get an exhaust to help it breathe better but i don't want any noise really - just a quiet, hushed low tone. i also don't want a huge can out the back - in fact if it appears stock thats fine by me.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
well, depends on how much you want to spend. everyone has their own opinion of what they think the 'best' is. i'll go with a hytech system. its $900 but is one of the quietest, freeiest flowing exhausts available.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whew....

thanks for the input guys!

i think i misspoke on what i was looking for... i guess i didn't really mean "best", just "quietest". i don't want to spend more than $500.... i am not so much into racing as just helping the engine breathe better and allow the engine in the swap to perform better.

so the RS*R, Apexi WS2 and the Greddy Evo 2 are the quietest ones out there? which of the 3, in your opinion, is the quietest? which muffler/tip looks closest to stock?

cheers!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ABTsportsline said:
i am doing an engine swap in my '93 civic.... most likely a b16 or b18c.... i want to get an exhaust to help it breathe better but i don't want any noise really - just a quiet, hushed low tone. i also don't want a huge can out the back - in fact if it appears stock thats fine by me.

any suggestions?
Turbo II muffler from autozone... ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ginyu6869 said:
Turbo II muffler from autozone... ;)
are you serious or being facetious?

if you're serious i don't doubt that would work.

keep in mind i'm a newbie, don't know the sarcasm levels around here yet! :bh

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
rsr exmag is the way to go. Nice looks, nice sound, good flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts