Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i'm not looking for coilovers just springs. Which springs provide the best ride quality? I don't want a bouncy ride and i don't want my tires to be inverted either. i'm lookin for about a 1-1.75 in drop.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Well the less you lower it , the smoother the ride CAN be.....you can find springs that are lower and use lower spring rates so the ride wont get stiffer , just makes it drop.....

Allthough I doubt they make them , it is something that can be done....But normally an increased spring rate is needed to keep the car from bottoming out since when you lower a car you also loose some suspension travel.

It all depends , but a 1inch drop to a 1.75inch drop is like choosing between apples and oranges. You should be looking for springs from 1.25-1.5 or something....1.75 will be too much , 1inch is not enough.

Eibach , H+R , and i think RSR all makes springs around that range that are not too low and not too harsh.

Normally if it has the word race in it , itll be meant just for that. Ex. n-speed race springs...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
H&R sport and Neuspeed sport springs are both great springs for comfort and quality.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
eibach makes the best springs out there :) THE BEST , i say :) THE BEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)

ps: britney spear dancing for ps2 is the best game in earth :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I worked with a guy last summer that had done suspension work on cars and motorcycles (for club racing teams too) for over 30 years. He said of ALL the brands he'd worked with over the years, Eibach was consistently of the best quality. I have a Prokit on my car, it's great! :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Well look like i'll be getting the Eibach's.

·
Banned
2,939 Posts
I've got kyb agx gas shocks with eibach pro kit springs. That combination gives a great ride quality if you lower the dampening rates of the shocks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
How about drop forks on stock suspension???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts