Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
i have a 93 civic ex coupe and planning on doing a jdm h22a swap this summer. 200hp and ~160ft-lbs torque...you can't match this power with any of the other swappable engines.

the engine complete w/ everything is cheap; you can find one anywhere from 2200-2700bucks. it's just the installation that's expensive if you're not doing it yourself(lot of custom modifications). add another 500bucks for custom mounts, another 1500 give or take for labor, more money for custom axels, etc...if you want to keep a/c, that's more money you have to pay. oh, and it would be wise to upgrade your suspension since the engine itself is a little heavier so you can have a good handling car.

here's specs on other engines you might wanna consider, and they're alot easier/cheaper to put in than the h22; installation will probably run you 700-1000. just not as powerful without extra mods though...

b16a 160hp 111ft-lbs torque--jspec version gets 170hp
-you can find one for around 2grand
b18c(1) 170hp 129ft-lbs --jspec gets 180
- about 3grand give or take
ls/vtec or crvtec- don't know how much to build one, but they can
monsters. the jury's still out on how reliable they
are though.

there's also the the b18c5 fromt the integra type-r and the b16b from the civic type-r, but those engines alone will be upwards of 5grand. i don't see the point really, unless you just want something very unique.

that's it for my rambling. either way you go, you'll have a fast car.

· Registered
416 Posts
For power, B18c5 or H22a but more power comes at a price. Their are different ways you can go. Think about a Gsr(b18c) or an Ls(b18b) with a turbo kit.;)

· Registered
152 Posts
did you install h22a your self?

did you install h22a your self? if so i need some info please... ok i have the following:

Engine with tranny shift cables, basically all the stuff you get when you buy the swap.

also i have hasport eg h22 kit

fuel rail off 90 accord

just put Clutchmasters clutch and resurfaced the flywheel

90-93 teg axles and 90 accord jack shaft

The thing i am wondering is what else do i need, I need the information regarding the ?EGR? ?

I have an EGR valve off of the 92-95 vx but do i also need the solenoid BAH i dunno .. is the EGR stuff really neccesary??

Any help on getting my mind set in the right place would be great...(labor i can do, but i need the info!)

· Registered
6,555 Posts
get a gsr swap.
its a fairly easy swap with no custom work necessary.
it will look stock and you'll be able to get a lot more kick
than your stock motor. instead of doing an H22 or typer swap
save the extra money for some cams, intake, exhaust......etc for the gsr motor.

· Registered
535 Posts
unidextrous said:
my b20/vtec swap has been doin good for me. h22 is agood motor as well, but to me is only good for straight line. ive driven a EK w/ an h22 and it hauls ass, but lacks the handling u would want for a street car.
Not true. If the H22 swap is done right, it handles great. Good enough to Auto-x? Maybe not, but better than most street cars? You bet your ass. If you do your suspension right, and mount the engine in there correctly, it makes for a great street car

· Registered
2 Posts
h22a swap 90 integra

alright i keep hearing h22a in a civic here and h22a in a civic there. I have a 90 integra ls hatch. the engine is still running at 201k but i suspect ill need a new one soon. Luckily where i live we smog it once and dont need to do it again. so what is up guys. hows a h22a in a 90 teg compared to a civic. plus any info on what i can omit as far as being legal on the streets to gain some power but not harm computer sys. or anything else. what type of hp gains come from smog equip. removal. any info would help.

· Registered
56 Posts
GSR

iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
get a gsr swap.
its a fairly easy swap with no custom work necessary.
it will look stock and you'll be able to get a lot more kick
than your stock motor. instead of doing an H22 or typer swap
save the extra money for some cams, intake, exhaust......etc for the gsr motor.
totally agree...go w/ the GSR man.
i know when i get my EG...hopefully next
week...i'll be putting a B18C in it.

i got quoted an extra 2 grand to have a ITR engine put in. shit w/ that extra 2 i'm doing the exhaust, intake, cams and cam gears. not to mention i'll be able to buy coilovers.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Re: h22a swap 90 integra

ricearoni said:
alright i keep hearing h22a in a civic here and h22a in a civic there. I have a 90 integra ls hatch. the engine is still running at 201k but i suspect ill need a new one soon. Luckily where i live we smog it once and dont need to do it again. so what is up guys. hows a h22a in a 90 teg compared to a civic. plus any info on what i can omit as far as being legal on the streets to gain some power but not harm computer sys. or anything else. what type of hp gains come from smog equip. removal. any info would help.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you live ANYWHERE in California, you need a smog check.

· Registered
2 Posts
sorry to burst your bubble

in the vast majority of places that is true, smog is needed. Ive lived in amador county since i was born and have been driving for 5 years and have owned 6 cars. the only time i have ever had to smog a vehicle is when i bought or sold it. I know most places require one every 2 years but here they dont. hell my parents have been here for 30 years and they say the same thing. i guess all the motorheads around here are just lucky. im moving to sac but will keep my car registered here so i can get around the whole smog check thing. belive me or not, hey come up here and find out yourself you may be suprised. so anyways what would the hp gains be without smog equip and what can i safely remove?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.