Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best tint I can put on my car. I put the Walmart brand on the front windows of my wife's Rodeo because she started getting a tan on one arm (no lie) and that took a whole roll. My Civic is a 93 four door so I'm guessing three rolls at the least, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
960 Posts
dtb4u said:
What's the best tint I can put on my car. I put the Walmart brand on the front windows of my wife's Rodeo because she started getting a tan on one arm (no lie) and that took a whole roll. My Civic is a 93 four door so I'm guessing three rolls at the least, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out?
I would suggest going to a pro and having them do the tint. You usually get a lifetime warrenty againt bubbling and peeling. Can't go wrong that way.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah, it may cost more but it's worth it. there's almost nothing more ghetto looking than tint that's bubbling and peeling off. places around me will do a full tint job for about $300, with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
D16Y8mike said:
yeah, it may cost more but it's worth it. there's almost nothing more ghetto looking than tint that's bubbling and peeling off. places around me will do a full tint job for about $300, with a lifetime warranty.
GOOD LORD!!! around here i was trippin' about 125 for tint!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
uhm does that $300 tint job come with a free tube of KY jelly? :p

i got the same deal, but mine was only $90, no ky thou :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
hahah.....i paid $140 for mine, but i got the BEST of the BEST possible tint, SUN-GUARD ENDURANCE film......blocks 70% of sunligt-heat or something, but it keeps the inside nice and cool

·
Registered
4 Posts
anything over $150 you are getting MAJORLY ripped off. Mine was like $125 and is awesome. It's a couple years old and going strong....it's supposed to be shatterproof but I haven't tested that out yet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MaceThomas said:
Just to quote a price, 99 HB is $125 in Winter Park.
Where in Winter Park did you go? I've got a 93 four door so it might be more than your HB. That Sunguard stuff sounds nice, plus it has a warranty! Is it anything like the tint that comes on SUV's? My wife's 2001 Rodeo has a film on the rear windows that look like it was sprayed on from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
you guys might want to check on those tint jobs.... all the ones i found in that price range didn't remove the glass to apply the tint. that means nice little un-tinted portions at the tops of the windows, besides being more likely to peel off/bubble. this was at a place that a lot of dealerships use tho, so the price might still be a little inflated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
dtb4u said:
Where in Winter Park did you go? I've got a 93 four door so it might be more than your HB. That Sunguard stuff sounds nice, plus it has a warranty! Is it anything like the tint that comes on SUV's? My wife's 2001 Rodeo has a film on the rear windows that look like it was sprayed on from the manufacturer.
I called up a few months ago, but it is the shop on Fairbanks just beyond I-4 on the right (going towards 17-92) that has the Porsches, Ferrari's, etc... out front.

·
Registered
597 Posts
autodesign here quoted me £200 for my car

its shatter proof and blocks most of the uv light, but damn expensive

ill prob get it to stop thieves getting through the window!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just got the tint done on my 93 hatch today, 35% on the front 2 and 20% on the back three. It's that sun guard stuff, lifetime warrenty and was about 100 US

edit: ohh ya it says it block 99% of harmful uv rays

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
castor can u post a pic? i'd like to see if the difference between 35 and 20 is very noticeable... does it look sleek?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lake Mary here. I might out the tint off to do some other needed maintainance. I need new belts, axles, rear brakes, re-do the suspension.

·
Registered
344 Posts
stick with professional tints shop.

If you want to untinted. you can do it by yourself. i recommended not to untinted the rear window since you might can ruin the defrozen lines on rear window

·
Registered
657 Posts
Umm i don't exactly have a digital camera but i will see what i can do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts