Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a turbo before next summer, hopefully if money starts rolling in. I was just wondering what kind of turbo setup would be best without doing a custom setup. I wanted to get a full kit that way I wouldn't run into too many problems installing it. I also wanted the kit to include a huge FMIC, or one that fills in the air dam on my kit. I plan on only running 5 lbs daily, and about 10-15 on the track. Oh, I have a LS motor so I want to put off building the internals as long as possible without any damage to the engine, or minimal damage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would go with either F-MAX or DRAG. Those companies have great turbo kits that make 230-250WHP with10psi of boost. Both companies have complete kits so you dont have to go out and buy all the other little things like gauges and intercollers. Good luck with your project.:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
i got the fmax kit from turboktis.com and i love it, turbokits.com is a dealer for fmax, just online... well anyway the drag kit is similar to the fmax but it doesnt look as nice nor does it come with all the options like the fmax... for mine on my prelude, it comes with extra injectors, better fuel control and detionontaion mangement like either a msd controller or a headgasket to lower compression... all for NO EXTRA COST.. but yeah the the fmax kit cost more then the drag kit but i noticed that u can get more hp and run higher boost with the fmax kit then drag on stock internas

another idea is to build your own....

peace

·
Registered
12 Posts
why don't you get a vortech supercharger with a aftercooler or a comptech supercharger ( its better for daily driven ).

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I've thought about the FMAX kit as well since I've heard it's safer on stock engines. I've also thought about building my own as well, but there's just too many things that I don't want to wait to get you know, like with a kit you get everything AT ONCE. I hate to wait, especially since I'm thinking the installations gonna take a day or two. And for the vortech, I would love to get that as well, but I don't know, I'm just more tuned to turbo I guess.

·
Banned
638 Posts
Id go with RevHard stage 2, I know 2 fellas with them on their LSs and those bitches pull. You can run 9psi on a stock LS all day, and 12 with a lil tuning.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was thinking RevHard too, but the stage 3, does that exist? I think I was looking at the Stage 3 on boosthard.com or overboost or something with boost.

·
Registered
909 Posts
civicrulez said:
why don't you get a vortech supercharger with a aftercooler or a comptech supercharger ( its better for daily driven ).
They don't make either product you mentioned for a B18B :rolleyes:

·
Registered
909 Posts
jai si said:
Yeah I was thinking RevHard too, but the stage 3, does that exist? I think I was looking at the Stage 3 on boosthard.com or overboost or something with boost.
RevHard kits come in 4 stages: 1, 2, 2C, and 3... Over 10-12 PSI on a stock B18B is pushing it even with proper tuning, things are just more likely to go wrong at higher boost levels. If you are looking for a custom kit please contact me via PM or email at [email protected] - we have a group buy going on that is exactly what you are looking for and much cheaper than an Fmax kit. You can pick parts from a variety of brands including RevHard, DRAG, Max-Rev, Greddy, Apex-i, HKS, Hondata, AEM EMS, etc.. and assemble your own name brand turbo kit :D -mention I told you in the comments and I'll throw something extra into the deal. If you did go with a kit made by one company, I would recommend a RevHard Stage 2 - better quality than DRAG IMHO. I am not a fan of the FMax fuel setup either, the extra injectors cannot distribute the fuel evenly to all cylinders... I would recommend a standalone (Hondata, AEM EMS, etc..), 440cc injectors, and a walboro in tank 255 lph fuel pump over the FMax fuel setup. A stock B18B can handle considerable boost with proper fuel and tuning, so don't skimp on the fuel setup no matter what kit you get. And definitely don't run a kit with just an FMU and inline pump above 10 PSI, that is just asking for trouble. Please feel free to email me any questions you have
Good luck!
Matt

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
skibbs said:
RevHard kits come in 4 stages: 1, 2, 2C, and 3... Over 10-12 PSI on a stock B18B is pushing it even with proper tuning, things are just more likely to go wrong at higher boost levels. If you are looking for a custom kit please contact me via PM or email at [email protected] - we have a group buy going on that is exactly what you are looking for and much cheaper than an Fmax kit. You can pick parts from a variety of brands including RevHard, DRAG, Max-Rev, Greddy, Apex-i, HKS, Hondata, AEM EMS, etc.. and assemble your own name brand turbo kit :D -mention I told you in the comments and I'll throw something extra into the deal. If you did go with a kit made by one company, I would recommend a RevHard Stage 2 - better quality than DRAG IMHO. I am not a fan of the FMax fuel setup either, the extra injectors cannot distribute the fuel evenly to all cylinders... I would recommend a standalone (Hondata, AEM EMS, etc..), 440cc injectors, and a walboro in tank 255 lph fuel pump over the FMax fuel setup. A stock B18B can handle considerable boost with proper fuel and tuning, so don't skimp on the fuel setup no matter what kit you get. And definitely don't run a kit with just an FMU and inline pump above 10 PSI, that is just asking for trouble. Please feel free to email me any questions you have
Good luck!
Matt
Thanks for the replys everybody but I don't know exactly yet what I'm going to get, but I do know that it won't be for a while, unless business starts picking up like I stated before. I'll keep you in mind Matt, and I will definitely do some more research into this subject. I would really appreciate any more advice anybody has to give, and also experiences with certain setups would be great as well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
civicracrgrl said:
hey we r both together on the turbo thing but mines goin on an LS engine.. just waiting for it to get done now:)
Mines going on a LS too, I've had it for like 2 years, and it's nice beating punk kids with i/h/e on their Civics, but I wanna rumble with the big boys now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts