Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there RXR's, I am contimplating doing on overhaul to my 91 Si I still have (believe it or not) factory shocks with Honda Sports (Eibach) street springs (1.25" drop all around). The more I look at the car the smaller I want the Gap at the fenders. Currently I have like an inch or so gap and I would like like a .5 in" gap if possible without sacrificing the ride. I am looking to replacing my struts cause since I got my engine swap I can feel the extra weight in the front when the car rebounds from a dip. I was looking at the Tokico's and the Blisteins or the Koni's. I know the Tokico's have the Illumina which I understand are also adjustable ride height (which would be good) but I am not sure if I am reading it right. Can you guys suggest which type of struts I should use? I am setting my car hopefully with Ground Control Coilovers but for now, I would keep the Honda Sport springs. Any sugestions? Also plan on draging the car as well as some autocrossing in the future.

thanks for the help!!

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Judging from my personal experience... I'd say get Koni if you can lay down the cash.
You don't really need the Tokico adjustables unless you are autocrossing your car.

Besides, the eibachs are an awesome set (that's what I have, I used to have inTrax)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
like ol'skoolrex_PH said, if you're just going for the lowered look dont bother w/ adjustables. It'll be a waste of money. But if you plan on spending any time auto x or @ the track, shell out the extra dough

· Registered
16 Posts
I fitted a Spax RSX Race Spec coil-over kit, height and damping are adjustable.

Don't know if you can get them in the US but if you can they are as good as Koni's.......:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.