Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some opinons on the best way to spend my money on my car. I have a 97 ex coupe with 75xxx miles. So far I have an AEM CAI, Kamikaze 4-1 header, a DC Sports short shifter, and SI rims. Im debating on port and polished head, metal head gasket, and possibly a cam gear and axle back or zex and a stage 1 clutch. Im afraid the Zex will screw up the motor, because Im still going to be paying on it for another 2-1/2 years. I thought about a turbo,but i dont think I have enough dough. How would you guys spend 1500 on your car? Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Get a GReddy turbo for about $1500.. sell the header, and buy a BOV with the cash you get from the header..

·
Banned
638 Posts
get some GroundControl adjustable springs for about 350/set and some Koni Yellows for 500/set. You be riding real nice ;) Then with the 350 left over you could get a 5zigen FireBall axle-back then have a muffler shop make you the piping for the cat to the axle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing with the Greddy Kit is the intercooler-or is it possible to do without one? Also, I dont want to drop my ride, I'd rather spend it on go not show.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
GreenMachine said:
The only thing with the Greddy Kit is the intercooler-or is it possible to do without one? Also, I dont want to drop my ride, I'd rather spend it on go not show.
At the stock 5.5psi, an intercooler isn't necessary yet..

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Sell all your mods, and do a swap...If you are looking for speed like you said, the sohc will only take you so far, and with 75k miles turbo or N20 isn't a good idea imo.

·
Banned
638 Posts
LAblue said:
stand alone engine management :)
not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dollars:p

but yeah do what Marc said and get a Greddy Kit. DOHC killer, OH YEAH BABY!!!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
run nitrous till it blows then use the nitrous for ur new swap.with turbo u cant tranfers the parts to a dohc motor. but for now if u get a nitrous system u would be doing ok agianst all motor cars then save fpr ur swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
how come there are a lot of people that say NOS will kill your engine and some say there are no problems if you run it? I got 99 civic dx and i dont want to swap the engine just yet and was thinking of nos, headers and exhaust. I guess i might of just wait for the swap and start adding stuff from there

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I do a swap it would be an LS engine. What do they go for-I've heard like $800 at junkyards. Does anyone know what I would need beside engine, tranny, ecu, axles, and motor mounts?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.