Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah obviously I have been asking a lot about suspension stuff since I am getting ready to order it all. I am still wondering thought what I should do for rims. I am planning on lowering with either H&R sports
The question is-what combo will give me less wheel gap-the H&R's with a 16" rim or the same springs with a 17" rim. I don't want to lower my car too much because the last thing I want it so start bottoming out everywhere, so I want to combo that will result in the least amount of wheel gap=better looks.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
well. Rim size doesn't really matter. Its tire size. I would get 215/40/17 and it will look good.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Here is my car with a 1.3'' drop from H&R sports and 17'' in wheels with 215/40/17 tires. The tires and wheels are for sale by the way.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
here is my ride with 15" wheels. 225/50/15 tires.

My drop is probably 1.3"...I am running tein SS.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but you see the fifth gen prelude are lower to begin with (maybe not lower, but they have less wheel gap). So I guess you can't really reduce the gap by using larger tires/wheels? I already scrape my lip in some places like steep parking lot enterences and stuff if I'm not paying attention. So I feel like the Neuspeed sports might be a tad bit too low. That's why I am hoping I can just make the gap look smaller somehow with the H&R's but it doesn't look like that will happen....any other ideas?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
h&r sport springs arent nearly low enough for 4th gens.

not to sound like i want every car to be "slammed" but h&r sports usually look like they're stock springs...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crdcz03 said:
h&r sport springs arent nearly low enough for 4th gens.

not to sound like i want every car to be "slammed" but h&r sports usually look like they're stock springs...
Yeah I am beginning to feel the same...I think I will have to just go with the Neuspeed's and suffer the consequences. I have to drive it during the winter...but I think I can manage as long as I don't take it out during major storms. But would I have excess tire wear problems if I went with those? Craig maybe you could answer that since you have had them on your car for a while. You don't have a camber kit right?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
WillyG said:
Yeah I am beginning to feel the same...I think I will have to just go with the Neuspeed's and suffer the consequences. I have to drive it during the winter...but I think I can manage as long as I don't take it out during major storms. But would I have excess tire wear problems if I went with those? Craig maybe you could answer that since you have had them on your car for a while. You don't have a camber kit right?
nope

my tires seem fine. if it is wearing on the insides its hardly noticeable.

you just need to remember to take steep driveways and speedbumps at an angle.

Reactions: WillyG

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
learn how to drive. Sometimes u need to be slow and angle. Not difficult to do. I'm pretty damn low and i do fine. I know where i can go and can't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts