Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im only dropping my car 1.3" but id like to get a camber kit anyways just so my tires woulnt wear abnormally. the thing is most camber kits start at 1.5 and go to 3.0 positive adjustment. is it better to have a 1.5 degree adjustment on a 1.3" drop than no adjustment at all... or is over correcting worse than having negative camber? the way i see it (which may be wrong) but .2 degrees away from perfect camber is better than 1.3 degrees (no camber at all). id rather play it safe. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Actually...

You need negative camber for cornering. Of course the stock camber setting is ideal, but a 1.3 drop will only throw your camber negative like 1-2 degrees. maybe not even that much. It will help your contact patch during cornering. If your go positive on the camber, it will adversley affect your straight driving and your cornering. Which is not good. I think with a lowered stance, and a stiffer ride, a slight negative camber=incredible handling. By the way, the amount of drop (1.3") is not the same as the camber offset (measrured in degrees), it looks like you think they are the same thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was pretty sure they wernt the same thing but not completely. so roughly how many degrees of adjustment would a 1.3" drop need? would a camber kit that adjust 1.5 degrees - 3.0 degrees be efficient? :confused

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
for a 1.3" drop...you don't need a camber kit. you are probably still within spec...if not ON the spec tolerance for camber. I am dropped about -1.3 to -1.5 and I have -1 degree camber all around....-1 is the outa tolerance for camber...and you can run up to -1.5 degrees camber without any major tire wear.....almost all the major tire wear comes from toe in and toe out...which would both be TOE. I think you just need an alignment...did you get one after it was lowered? if not, your supposed to?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
lOOkatme said:
for a 1.3" drop...you don't need a camber kit. you are probably still within spec...if not ON the spec tolerance for camber. I am dropped about -1.3 to -1.5 and I have -1 degree camber all around....-1 is the outa tolerance for camber...and you can run up to -1.5 degrees camber without any major tire wear.....almost all the major tire wear comes from toe in and toe out...which would both be TOE. I think you just need an alignment...did you get one after it was lowered? if not, your supposed to?
-1.5 is a lil much isnt it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.