Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am looking for tires for my 99 prelude. The size are 205-50-16
I've always had I've always like bfgoodrich tires. I had there g-force sports for a while and the T/A KDW, I really loved those.
I never had Falken tires before but those are the tires that my buddy always buys for his 99 Si.

The prelude is my daily driver car. Mostly to school n work which is about 5 miles away each way. Other than that, I will take it out of the city and to the Bay area which is about 100 miles away.

I am a casual driver, I usually don't hit the corners at high speed. But I do like tires that preform well when I have to in emergency case. I don't race or anything. Really I want tires that will last me a while under normal driving.

The tires that I've narrowed down to are the BF Goodrich g-Force sports
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
$90 each =$360 shipped

The other sets that I was looking at where the Falkens
$78 each =$312 shipped
$81 each =$324 shipped

Or any other tires I should look at? I would like to keep it at under or around $350 shippped for a set.

· Premium Member
158 Posts
Ok I am looking for tires for my 99 prelude. The size are 205-50-16
I've always had I've always like bfgoodrich tires. I had there g-force sports for a while and the T/A KDW, I really loved those.
I never had Falken tires before but those are the tires that my buddy always buys for his 99 Si.

The prelude is my daily driver car. Mostly to school n work which is about 5 miles away each way. Other than that, I will take it out of the city and to the Bay area which is about 100 miles away.

I am a casual driver, I usually don't hit the corners at high speed. But I do like tires that preform well when I have to in emergency case. I don't race or anything. Really I want tires that will last me a while under normal driving.

The tires that I've narrowed down to are the BF Goodrich g-Force sports
$90 each =$360 shipped

The other sets that I was looking at where the Falkens
$78 each =$312 shipped
$81 each =$324 shipped

Or any other tires I should look at? I would like to keep it at under or around $350 shippped for a set.

The 3 tires you are looking at above are good tires. The G-force sports and the 452's will be good for summer driving and dry performance. The 912's are a little more of an all season. They will last a bit longer than the 452 and the Gforce sports. They will also handle wet driving conditions better.

Along the same lines as the 912's. You may also want to consider the Goodyear Eagle GT. This is also an Ultra High Performance All Season. When it comes to performance, these tires make entry level Ultra High Performance tires beg to be redesigned. This tire has a lot of technology from Goodyear’s F1 series without a lot of extra cost. These will are great in both wet and dry and they have good shoulder strength for any spirited driving you may do. They also have a 400 UTQG when it comes to life so they will out last your G-force Sports and 452's. These are a little more performance minded than the 912. That said, the 912 will last a hair longer and may be slightly more comfortable and quiet on the road.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update,
I went ahead and bought the 912 last week. I just got the tires installed today and there is a day and night difference between what I had before(kumhos). It is a low more quite and better handling. I got this from 20 minute drive that I just put on the tires.

A+ for discounttiredirect.com for the great tires at a great price.
:number1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.