Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hmmm 17" wheels.

If you don't have the money to buy ultra-lightweight ones, then they slow down initial acceleration so much. Yeah, thay look exxcellent on your car, and yes I still use my 17's, but when these tires/wheels die, I'm going back to my steelies.

Other than that, fuel rail for an N/A motor.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goth-Rice said:
Hmmm 17" wheels.

If you don't have the money to buy ultra-lightweight ones, then they slow down initial acceleration so much. Yeah, thay look exxcellent on your car, and yes I still use my 17's, but when these tires/wheels die, I'm going back to my steelies.

Other than that, fuel rail for an N/A motor.
Yup gotta have that low-unsprung weight.

·
Registered
814 Posts
adjustable cam gears... 0 gain...

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
adjustable cam gears... 0 gain...
You still have not adjusted the gears at the track yet?? Those gears are not designed to gain power, its designed to adjust the powerband, wherever you want most of your power at.. Adjusting it at the track could proably help you lower your 0-60ft times and also as well as 1/8 mile times.

If you have already tried it at the track.. well forget about my post.. hehe

·
Registered
814 Posts
4bidden said:
cause you have stock cam gears....dork!

thats why "stock", they arent adjustable..no need! :D
you mean stock cams, right???

the only reason i havent adjusted them at the track is because they are a pita to adjust... sam, i guess having your "tool" would help, but in total, i would have to mess with 12 screws... ive also been hesitant to mess with them at the track cause they gave me no gains on the dyno... at any setting other than stock i lost hp...

perhaps after the idrc event, i will try some track tuning... how does +2, -1 sound???

·
Registered
108 Posts
mike_sho said:
What do you think you paid the most for and got the least gains from.....
Jet V-Force Control Module. I tried two different units and my "check engine light" keeps coming on while driving slow in traffic and after a had acceleration. It cost me about $239.00. After all the headaches, I return it and got a cat-back system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Honda Civic D16Z6. If you don't like it, SUCK it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Not much of a mod, but when I first bought my 94 S off from my friend for $2,500.00 it had no exhaust... So I was stupid and went to Napa and ordered a factory exhaust for $576.00 bucks. Complete waste of money, especially when I could of bought an aftermarket one for $200.00 less... I'm a stupid bastard.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
you mean stock cams, right???

the only reason i havent adjusted them at the track is because they are a pita to adjust... sam, i guess having your "tool" would help, but in total, i would have to mess with 12 screws... ive also been hesitant to mess with them at the track cause they gave me no gains on the dyno... at any setting other than stock i lost hp...

perhaps after the idrc event, i will try some track tuning... how does +2, -1 sound???
Well, you have vafc, so theres actually alot of adjusting to do too. I'm not sure how +2, -1 would work, but thats a good setting to try out, every engine is different. Yeah 12 screws is going to be a pain in the ass.. But if you got the time, i say do it. Work on the exhaust side first, cause i have seen people getting better performance with just adjusting exhaust side with stock cams.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My friend bought that Venom 400 control module for his 95 Si lude. DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING, at the track his times were exactly the same for the first few runs. He turned it off, and ran the same times. It cost him like 350 or something. TOTAL WASTE in my opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
vtec...HAHA said:
My friend bought that Venom 400 control module for his 95 Si lude. DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING, at the track his times were exactly the same for the first few runs. He turned it off, and ran the same times. It cost him like 350 or something. TOTAL WASTE in my opinion.
it helped my friend 92 Si AUTO...it dropped about .2 sec of his 1/4...
it makes his car CHIRP into 2nd and 3rd

·
Registered
519 Posts
My random technology cat... I paid 250.00 bucks for it and waited almost 2 months to get it, when in the end I should have just got a $40.00 test-pipe like I did. It sounds better, more power, and although yes I may not pass emissions, it is well worth $40.00.

Reactions: Wooderson

·
Registered
756 Posts
hmm...OBX cam gears i bought on ebay that didn't fit my car...i hate that mofo that sold 'em to me, liar.

ditto the neuspeed race springs that i bought off of someone else on ebay...he never shipped 'em to me after he cashed the check i sent him AND changed his phone number. bastard. :rolleyes:

then i also have cam gears, but i just have to get 'em tuned...

and i have yet to install my unorthodox racing crank pulley.. got it on sale for $115 shipped.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.