Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
adjustable cam gears... 0 gain...
You still have not adjusted the gears at the track yet?? Those gears are not designed to gain power, its designed to adjust the powerband, wherever you want most of your power at.. Adjusting it at the track could proably help you lower your 0-60ft times and also as well as 1/8 mile times.

If you have already tried it at the track.. well forget about my post.. hehe

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ALTERED4 said:
you mean stock cams, right???

the only reason i havent adjusted them at the track is because they are a pita to adjust... sam, i guess having your "tool" would help, but in total, i would have to mess with 12 screws... ive also been hesitant to mess with them at the track cause they gave me no gains on the dyno... at any setting other than stock i lost hp...

perhaps after the idrc event, i will try some track tuning... how does +2, -1 sound???
Well, you have vafc, so theres actually alot of adjusting to do too. I'm not sure how +2, -1 would work, but thats a good setting to try out, every engine is different. Yeah 12 screws is going to be a pain in the ass.. But if you got the time, i say do it. Work on the exhaust side first, cause i have seen people getting better performance with just adjusting exhaust side with stock cams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.