Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Type_SH RaCer said:
I would have to say Insurance and Property Tax. Gain 0hp! Big was of monie but i guess you have to!
Yeah, I hate how the state says my car is worth several g's more just so they can squeeze more $ outta me! Insurance companies too - Ive never had a wreck or speeding ticket in the 16 years Ive been driving but my rates doubled for gettin a used lude... :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Vtec Mike said:
These stupid Type R stickers, I was promised 10-15 hp gain, I put them on....and NOTHING. I was so pissed wasted my $1.50...:D j/p
Hahahahahaha! Rep!

~Peace

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hmmmm...I'm lucky nothing was really a waste. Maybe my JDM Honda Door sills. $260 for pieces of aluminum that say Prelude on them. Of course they're straight from Japan, look pretty damn good and I've only seen one other person with them.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i too was part of the arospeed muffler purchase, was only $100 but the rest of the piping cost $150, didnt fit right, was ricey as hell and i could have gotten something better for another $50 that would have worked.....

oh how we live and learn.

any one know where to get a JUN camshaft kit for a good deal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
MSD Blaster SS Coil and MSD Wires! If you dont have a complete Ignition system dont waste your money on the coil or high spark wires! I saw a very small difference in throttle responce, but no HP gains (wasnt really expecting any). Spent $200 bucks for both......bend me over and call me PAPI! :eek:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
hmm i would say the lower tie bar but it looks o so pretty. I only spent $50 on it so i think it was worth it for looks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Steering wheel

i have a 93 vtec 4ws lude and i decided to replace the steering wheel for a nice small one,,

it is the biggest mistake i made, i lost my air bag, 4ws/ cruise control /indicator switch of thingy, i didnt feel comfortabel driving with the wheel
my dash board looked like a christmas tree with all the lights on

but then i got the original back in

cost £14 $28

a lot of hassle headaches and worry

·
Registered
671 Posts
I bought a Apexi VAFC II...completely useless. Went to Hondata s100. Hmm what else? I bought strut and sway bars that wouldn't even fit on my car cause they were for the 4th gen preludes. And I purchased $300 factory fog lights that later had to be taken off because of the intercooler piping that was in the way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would have to say my 5zigen fireball catback exhaust. It took me forever to get the damned bolts off the stock exhaust, then when I finally got it on, it did'nt hang low enough to clear my WW RS kit. I finally got it hung low enough to clear w/ some old grand am hangers and started it up , took it for a spin and wasn't impressed w/ the sound. It's friggin loud ( I feel like a ricer! I need to get the silencer) and then to top it all off I think I F'd up my Cat converter trying to bang off the old bolts because the CEL / ATTS is on throwing a P0240 Code (Catalyst efficiency below threshold). So all in all the great deal I got on it will probably end up costing me double the $$ and I only probably gained 3hp if even that much. I should have gotten a set of 17" black or bronze black racing pro-n1s like I started to. Damn, the trials and tribulations of the DIY tuner is Biatch!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.